Skyfall

jimharri said:
Gelsons Dad said:
It was quite good. I don't subscribe to the "Best Bond and Bond Film" vibe going around though. There were lots of nods to previous films, some obvious and others more subtle but I was annoyed that the DB5 was THE DB5 and not just a DB5. How the fuck does he happen to have that car? I did like the staging of the 3rd act despite the car anomaly and was happy with the new characters in key roles for future films.

Still not as good as From Russia with Love, Dr No or The Spy Who Loved Me which are my top three.

And I like Daniel Craig, He's a good actor but he just isn't Bond for me.
You'll have the wrath of BM down on you now. All those potential spoilers. Take my word for it; I know!

No spoilers in there that aren't in the trailer.

Gelsons Dad said:
jimharri said:
Gelsons Dad said:
It was quite good. I don't subscribe to the "Best Bond and Bond Film" vibe going around though. There were lots of nods to previous films, some obvious and others more subtle but I was annoyed that the DB5 was THE DB5 and not just a DB5. How the fuck does he happen to have that car? I did like the staging of the 3rd act despite the car anomaly and was happy with the new characters in key roles for future films.

Still not as good as From Russia with Love, Dr No or The Spy Who Loved Me which are my top three.

And I like Daniel Craig, He's a good actor but he just isn't Bond for me.
You'll have the wrath of BM down on you now. All those potential spoilers. Take my word for it; I know!

No spoilers in there that aren't in the trailer.
I got some stick earlier today for commenting on a new character (even though I never mentioned any name!). I think my detenbtion period is nearly over now!

Okay film but why on earth he (SPOILER) takes M to Scotland to use as bait for Bardem's character without even taking a gun or telling anyone about it, when she could have been much safer somewhere/anywhere else is just mind-blowing. No wonder he failed the tests. Tbh, I'd be looking to bring Bond before the courts on a charge of Manslaughter because his conduct in exercising his duty of care towards M needs to be seriously probed.

6.5/10

A decent 7 out of 10 for me. Javier Bardem steals the show for me, he gives a brilliant performance.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:19 pm --<br /><br />
nashark said:
Okay film but why on earth he (SPOILER) takes M to Scotland to use as bait for Bardem's character without even taking a gun or telling anyone about it, when she could have been much safer somewhere/anywhere else is just mind-blowing. No wonder he failed the tests. Tbh, I'd be looking to bring Bond before the courts on a charge of Manslaughter because his conduct in exercising his duty of care towards M needs to be seriously probed.

6.5/10

Ha ha you're quite right - but let's not start unpicking the plot, I'm planning on going to bed before midnight!

Good film . 8/10 . Shite song - minus 1/10.
Still don't get Craig as Bond. Too dark and mysterious for me.
Much prefered the humour and openness of Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan.
Great baddie but no Auric Goldfinger . IMO.

nashark said:

6.5/10

SPOILERS.....

Hmm, I think if your trying to bring logic into Bond film plots, you have to start with the obvious one:

Why don't the baddies just shoot him FFS!!

Bardem must have had thirty rock solid opportunities to "pop a cap in his ass" but fannied around with flintlock pistols, long conversations, tube trains etc etc.

Its always the same with Bond, Scott Evil in Austin Powers spotted it, just shoot the bastard, don't rig up shark tanks or lazers or fucking octopus, just shoot him arrrrghhhh!!!!

Nowhere near the best bond film, skyfall has a very cheesy ending, secret tunnell to the chapel, the blowing up of the original best bond car.

had a very lame story from start to finish, take out the opening car chase and rooftop motorbike chase it was tame-and Judi Dench has always made a shit "M" from her first Bond Film, and they have gone down the spotty geek route with the new "Q".

Its a shame because Daniel Craig is up there with Connery and Moore

6/10 for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.