I'm going to get it but pay so I can call landlines abroad. It's very cheap.

I am on the brink of setting up something great.

masterwig said:
I'm going to get it but pay so I can call landlines abroad. It's very cheap.

I am on the brink of setting up something great.

Calling from skype to mobiles abroad is so cheap. I use it to ring friends in Asia and it is literally pence not pounds a minute.

SKYPE is great!

Travel for a living and it is great to just click it, see the wife and kids at home and give them a sense of where I am and how decent the room is. Oh, and we talk too! We have unlimited text on our phones and unlimited mobile-to-mobile, but it is SO much more fun to talk to the family face to face. Need a good hi-speed/broadband signal, though.

Have not used it for international calls, as I have a "2 cent per minute to UK card" so it hardly seems worth it, unless it is computer to computer.

Skype to Skype with my mate in blighty using a wifi connection, drains the battery like fook, but can talk to him for a while. And if it's skype to skype, it costs fook all

one of the down sides to it though!!!

it recognises numbers on websites and adds a skype shortcut to the web browser allowing you to one click call via skype from website links

however, it does tend to recognise numbers which aren't phone numbers and tries to shortlink you to them

example: the other day some one posted a link to MCFC os...and skype thought the list of numbers in the weblink was a phone number and put a shortcut link in the middle of the web link address ;(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.