Slipping

Carver said:
Blue Haze said:
This happens to us in every game, seemingly more than other clubs. I noticed at Trafford we were slipping all over the place while they weren't.

Interesting. We know that bacon face banned bladed studs in his squad around the time that the thug Keane broke his foot in 2005 after someone accidently studded him wearing blade studs. They've been blamed for metatarsal and knee injuries- metatarsal from these stamping incidents (although this could be due to use of thinner materials/ bad support) and knee injuries from the stud not giving during a fall and sticking in the turf.

So 2 questions:

I haven't played in bladed boots, they came onto the market after my playing days. What are they like when the surface is slippy with some give compared with normal length metal studs?

Do we allow them at City?
I don't think we do. I remember seeing a video of Les Chapman showing how he converts our players' boots from blades to studs. It wasn't very technical; he literally had to hacksaw them off and then drill holes into the soles!!

come on lads, we cant blame the boots.
'member when bacon face blamed the grey shirts? This isn't a million miles off.
I know everyone wants someone/something to blame, but come on, we were beaten by a well organised, fired up side.
To blame it on slips and falls is silly, and a little bit desperate. Lets take it on the chin, its not over yet.

Blue Haze said:
This happens to us in every game, seemingly more than other clubs. I noticed at Trafford we were slipping all over the place while they weren't.

Thats nike that, they are all in the big conspiracy as well. the bastards

john@staustell said:
On TS yesterday daytime Ray Wilkins said the pitch was really, really hard.
It also rained heavily as well, so a hard pitch and lots of rain basically turn it into an ice rink!

Plain Speaking said:
At several key moments last night several of our players slipped over. Was there any issue with inappropriate boots/studs or just a loss of balance back pedalling or changing direction? Any thoughts?

pissed................

May have helped if we'd actually trained on the pitch the night before. I also noticed that we shot well over the bar numerous times, another sign of unsure footing.

LongLang said:
come on lads, we cant blame the boots.
'member when bacon face blamed the grey shirts? This isn't a million miles off.
I know everyone wants someone/something to blame, but come on, we were beaten by a well organised, fired up side.
To blame it on slips and falls is silly, and a little bit desperate. Lets take it on the chin, its not over yet.
All the top managers pay attention to even the smallest details. No one is blaming the defeat totally on "slipping" but it certainly didnt help. I am sure Mancini being the top manager he is will get someone to check it out. It's nothing like the rags "grey shirts" issue. It could make a real difference in any future match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.