Slovan Bratislava (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

25 games now without a loss in CL... tied record i think

thats because our draw with real madrid is counted because we lost on penalty shoot out

There are 36 teams in this format which is 8 weeks of 18 games totalling 144 games.

The old league format was 12 matches per each of the 8 leagues totalling 96 matches.

So a 50% increase in television revenue for the greedy fuckers at UEFA.
...and the greedy fuckers that play in it who take the revenue, including us.

Where to start?
Now I'm the last person to start feeling entitled, and I loathe it when fans do, but I simply can't imagine that anyone can be fully happy with that performance or result.
Above all, that performance.
That absolutely should have been 7- or 8-0. Absolutely, and at a canter. We started quite well, lively and sharp, as if we believed we were playing a reasonably respectable mid-table PL team, and then the dismaying thing was how, as the match wore on, we started drifting down towards their level. Not at their level, of course. Because they were bad. Seriously bad. I wasn't fully aware of it in the first half. Then the number of their passes going astray, or just going out (not difficult ones, either) started to really hit me.
Our finishing was, simply, dire. And I'll say it: from about the fiftieth minute, our play from midfield started to look so stereotyped, so lacking in spark of invention or creativity. That is, I think, the thing that worries me most.
Invidious, probably, to pick out individual performances, but I'll mention two. Was pleased for Gundo's (deflected) goal, and I thought to myself, “Good, he'll kick on from that”. He didn't. He just isn't on it. Doku had a decent first half. His second half was dogshit. There's no other way of describing it. And I've defended Doku, and said I've rated him. Astonishing that Pep kept him on till the end.
To be fair to Doku & all who played (including Bratislava), after we got the third, everyone seemed to want the match to end. It was like a boxing match where the Champ was so far ahead on points, he took it easy & the shit opponent continued, merely to secure his purse money.

What makes UEFA believe matches like this will be a crowd puller? It's all about money, & staving off the challenge of the Super League. Bayern beating no marks 9-0, the bore draw against Inter & games against the likes of Bratislava, can't possibly be what UEFA had in mind to enhance European football.

To be fair to Doku & all who played (including Bratislava), after we got the third, everyone seemed to want the match to end. It was like a boxing match where the Champ was so far ahead on points, he took it easy & the shit opponent continued, merely to secure his purse money.

Yes, that's a fair point. But can anyone be satisfied with that kind of fare?

Where to start?
Now I'm the last person to start feeling entitled, and I loathe it when fans do, but I simply can't imagine that anyone can be fully happy with that performance or result.
Above all, that performance.
That absolutely should have been 7- or 8-0. Absolutely, and at a canter. We started quite well, lively and sharp, as if we believed we were playing a reasonably respectable mid-table PL team, and then the dismaying thing was how, as the match wore on, we started drifting down towards their level. Not at their level, of course. Because they were bad. Seriously bad. I wasn't fully aware of it in the first half. Then the number of their passes going astray, or just going out (not difficult ones, either) started to really hit me.
Our finishing was, simply, dire. And I'll say it: from about the fiftieth minute, our play from midfield started to look so stereotyped, so lacking in spark of invention or creativity. That is, I think, the thing that worries me most.
Invidious, probably, to pick out individual performances, but I'll mention two. Was pleased for Gundo's (deflected) goal, and I thought to myself, “Good, he'll kick on from that”. He didn't. He just isn't on it. Doku had a decent first half. His second half was dogshit. There's no other way of describing it. And I've defended Doku, and said I've rated him. Astonishing that Pep kept him on till the end.
I said at half time, it was a dominant mess.

I don’t know if it was harder for us to be crisp and clean because the opposition were so poor they didn’t do what good teams would usually do defensively?
They didn’t stay in any sort of defensive shape and were running about here there n everywhere leaving random gaps all over the place which didn’t make sense to our attacking structure, so we were randomly picking up balls in areas that our other players weren’t reacting to as nobody seemed to know what was going on. It was all just random.

Even in good positions though, we were so scruffy tonight. Our final pass, cross or shot in nearly every situation outside the four goals was like we were playing with a flyaway.

Bizarre game of football that.

The point for UEFA is that the Slovenian league and SB are rewarded for their FOUR knockout rounds to get there, and CL money is spread amongst more teams and leagues.

Sadly, for the rest of the Slovakian league, the biggest club by a country mile gets richer & stronger.
And the rest of the european clubs also get more money, including City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.