Slovan Bratislava CL GW2 (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Went with Rico but could easily have voted for Gündoğan or Doku.

Shoutout to Foden as well who looked back to his old self, albeit against weaker opposition.
I thought both Ilkay and Phil were looking more like the players we know and love.

As the old saying goes, form is temporary; class is permanent.

Rico.

Doku certainly had a chance to walk MOTM, as every wide ball was fed to him, but his distribution and output is absolutely woeful! I get that he’s young, but fuck me! No-one, including Doku himself, has any clue where he’s trying to get the ball to. NO-ONE…least of all our forwards and attacking midfielders!

Rico was always available as an outlet, rarely lost the ball, kept things ticking over, and made a few runs into the danger zone. He was unlucky not to put away that beautiful cross from Nunes!

Rico is really maturing and, imho, should have had a penalty (and would have if he had been some big name player!) to add to an outstanding performance. It’s crazy to think how much he plays, the important role he plays and his age! If he can grow a little, and perhaps be a little stronger on the ball, he could be in the England squad and a top English talent for the next decade!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.