Smart meters - what is the purpose?

Why would you want to sit there watching a smart meter clocking up your hard earned £££?
Don’t need reminding it’s costing you an arm and a leg just to keep warm on a cold winters day
Apparently we have one , I have never bothered to look at it . Just checked with Mrs J it's in the garage will all the other junk

Why would you want to sit there watching a smart meter clocking up your hard earned £££?
Don’t need reminding it’s costing you an arm and a leg just to keep warm on a cold winters day
My take on them exactly. It takes me less than 30 seconds to send them a reading once per month. They also need plugging in dont they? One less thing running in the house

I think most companies like to have a manual reading every 6 months or so. hopefully that highlights any issues with the information they are getting. It's also a good idea to do this anyway for your own peace of mind.
I'm getting emails from them about each month - often feels that it's only a fornight since I read the meters last time!!

I had to have a smart meter fitted as the old gas meter had a small leak and they don't fit any other meters apart from smart ones.
I got a message from OVO telling me my estimated usage..
Fucking waste of time if they have to estimate usage..I send them the fucking readings every month and still they estimate the bills..
Last month I got a bill saying they had underestimated my usage for last couple of years but they won't be claiming the extra back as it was their fault..the extra I don't have to pay was 10 fucking pence.

the twats keep bombarding me with emails saying to let them install a smart meter.

fill out form.

"sorry we're not installing them on your street yet"

repeat.

about four years this has been going on. I'm one shitty email away from going full Scouse and just bypassing the fucking thing and jibbing electricity just to spite the cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.