Smile with conviction and belief...

Rammy Blue said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
mad4city said:
That's about the size of it, Tolmie.
Well said.

And don't forget the effort put in by their own Refereeing Pals Association who will send off an opposition player as soon as possible after kick off so that the staggering goal difference can be whittled down against the usual surrender monkeys.

Spot on fella, embarrassing decision by Dowd but that is what we are up against.

Two embarrassing decisions in that game...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have to ask whether blues would take a loss of 15 points now, which would leave us with 90?

That's a lot of hot air and panic on here between now and May.

Ultimately, an incredible points tally and ten points better than United accumulated to win it last season.

On our current trajectory, alone, we would have won the title last season and that's without taking into account that we lost twice at home last season and drew another four.

We also lost 9 and drew 8 in total...stop me at any point if you can't see the need for major optimism barring a complete collapse or United winning every game between now and May.

I think 90 points is entirely reasonable considering the way our fixtures pan out.
if we get 80 points plus in the Premiership and finish 2nd, I'll look back on it with pride. If someone is good enough to better than, then well done

I know where you are coming from mate, but 80 points plus is the usual barometer for a title winning team, we would have done nothing out of the ordinary, save for it being City.

Anything in the 90 points and I would share your pride, but not in the 80s.

That would represent a sizeable collapse of form at some stage over the final four months.

Liverpool lost only twice a couple years back and finished on 86 points, finishing second.

90 points/dropping another 15 points, is pretty realistic for this City team, even taking in any further loses against the likes of Spurs, United, Arsenal away, Liverpool etc.

I don't see this race being about City, more can United expect to go a level above anything they have done before.

And looking at their team, their injury omissions, I seriously doubt it.

Forget the sabre rattling of week to week, Sky and Talksport et al, trying to talk up a product, trust the stats as they currently stand.

You won't go far wrong.

The thing with the rags you have to remember is that they always do enough to win. Looking at points totals from previous years is irrelevant. If they can win the league with 80 points and concentrate on other trophies they will. If they need 90 that's what they will go for.

Doesn't matter about squad or injuries (unless they are very severe) because it's all about Baconface and his nouce (god I hate him) Just retire you fool!

We can't do much more than we are doing but if we want the big pots then we are either going to have to wait for Bacon to give up or smash him to bits until there is no possibility of a comeback.

I don't think we will drop 15 points in the 2nd half of the season. And I think they'll drop more than that.

The simple, unavoidable fact is that we have a better team and a better squad than man utd. That's why we will win the league. All this 'united know how to win titles' stuff is bollocks. A winning team is a confident team, and that's what we have had since April .

We've dropped some points recently but I've seen nothing in our performances to worry me. I just hope we don't get sidetracked by the cups. The title is there for the taking. Nothing else matters. These players are a bunch of professionals. They're hungry for it

Cobwebcat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
if we get 80 points plus in the Premiership and finish 2nd, I'll look back on it with pride. If someone is good enough to better than, then well done

I know where you are coming from mate, but 80 points plus is the usual barometer for a title winning team, we would have done nothing out of the ordinary, save for it being City.

Anything in the 90 points and I would share your pride, but not in the 80s.

That would represent a sizeable collapse of form at some stage over the final four months.

Liverpool lost only twice a couple years back and finished on 86 points, finishing second.

90 points/dropping another 15 points, is pretty realistic for this City team, even taking in any further loses against the likes of Spurs, United, Arsenal away, Liverpool etc.

I don't see this race being about City, more can United expect to go a level above anything they have done before.

And looking at their team, their injury omissions, I seriously doubt it.

Forget the sabre rattling of week to week, Sky and Talksport et al, trying to talk up a product, trust the stats as they currently stand.

You won't go far wrong.

The thing with the rags you have to remember is that they always do enough to win. Looking at points totals from previous years is irrelevant. If they can win the league with 80 points and concentrate on other trophies they will. If they need 90 that's what they will go for.

Doesn't matter about squad or injuries (unless they are very severe) because it's all about Baconface and his nouce (god I hate him) Just retire you fool!

We can't do much more than we are doing but if we want the big pots then we are either going to have to wait for Bacon to give up or smash him to bits until there is no possibility of a comeback.

I vote that we smash him to bits.

nice post

united get stronger now; course and distance blah blah blah blah fucking blah

smell the fear

I don't even need to analyse the rags fixtures versus ours, or play the stats/average points game. We're top, and we've played our toughest fixtures away from home. On that basis alone, and with all our closest rivals needing to come to the Etihad, I've little doubt that we'll come out on top. Only once or twice over the rest of the season will a team like WBA be able to keep us out.

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think we will drop 15 points in the 2nd half of the season. And I think they'll drop more than that.

The simple, unavoidable fact is that we have a better team and a better squad than man utd. That's why we will win the league. All this 'united know how to win titles' stuff is bollocks. A winning team is a confident team, and that's what we have had since April .

We've dropped some points recently but I've seen nothing in our performances to worry me. I just hope we don't get sidetracked by the cups. The title is there for the taking. Nothing else matters. These players are a bunch of professionals. They're hungry for it

I really don't think it's that easy. If it was there for the taking then we would pick it up. United will scrap all the way and I can guarantee they won't crack. The first title is always the hardest. We might have to beat them at our place to get the advantage.

Just find it hard to comprehend that a team that we humiliated at their ground 6-1 is on the same points as us, what a strange game football is.
Their away fixtures look very tough but so do our home games. It's going to be close. Let's enjoy the ride.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried. All i keep getting told off rag mates is that we won't win it and that their going to be 5 points clear after the next 6 games.

Citys next 6
Sunderland A
Liverpool H
Wigan A
Spurs H
Everton A
Fulham H

Rag next 6
Blackburn H
Newcastle A
Bolton H
Arsenal A
Stoke H
Chelsea A

Looking at them fixtures it seems to me that there's reason for thinking were more likely to be 5 clear of them, considering their injuries as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.