Smoking Footballers

mattyctid said:
Paul Dickov and Didi Hamman both smoke

I was sat next to didi in a pub in Wilmslow (Players) and he went through 20 fags reading the racing post.......

True Story

As you were

You can still be fit and smoke.....I smoke but still manage to run 5 miles three or four times a week. Im sure if you had the kind of fitness regime that a premiership footballer had then you wouldn't even notice the effect of a few cigs every day.

Smoking has more of an affect on your fitness when you're not fit to begin with !

BurnCK said:
You can still be fit and smoke.....I smoke but still manage to run 5 miles three or four times a week. Im sure if you had the kind of fitness regime that a premiership footballer had then you wouldn't even notice the effect of a few cigs every day.

Smoking has more of an affect on your fitness when you're not fit to begin with !

Very true. I'm a bit of a weekend smoker but still manage to play football and do the odd half marathon without too much difficulty. Like you say BurnCK, if you're a footballer and training everyday a few smokes here and there won't make the blind bit of difference. I'll always remember when Chris Waddle was talking about his time in France, he has never smoked but liked the odd pint. The first time he had a lager in the player's lounge all the players went mental as they were all teetotal, thing was though, pratically all of them smoked 20 full strength Marlboro a day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.