Snow

M62 still closed - people have been trapped for hours as motorway shut due to snow and high winds

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...3566#ICID=ios_MENNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other
2emmscy.jpg

around 2-3" snow down south today, loved it, walked out into the garden, hearing that crunching underfoot, it's about 6 years since we had any here :o)

Ho Lee Sheet!! Snowmagedon?! Hahahaha!

I don’t mean to make light of a dusting of snow, but seriously?

A few years ago (probably when you had your last big snow..2012? 2013?) I flew a 747 “rescue mission” from achicago to Healthrow, because we had not been able to get planeloads of people out of London due to the snow. As we flew downwind, we were all looking out at the airport, expecting to see planes parked everywhere, snow piles littering the airport, and a blanket of white. We were dumbfounded that it looked like a Tuesday in Chicago after a few snow showers blow through!! Aircraft were sitting at the gates, but nobody and nothing was moving?? We asked what the problem was and we’re told “Health and Safety issues” and “insufficient removal equipment.” UFB!!!

If they had given the pilots and flight attendants had been given shovels, they could have cleared the snow around the aircraft in about 15 minutes and been home for the previous 3 days. However, I doubt you would have been able to convince them, given they were all safely back in a first class Central London Hotel enjoying the pubs, cafes and shopping they don’t normally get to enjoy on their layovers!!!

We are just lucky the Germans didn’t plan to invade on a cold winter day after a snowstorm in the mid 40s....they’d have been able to walk to Whitehall!!!

The whole of the West Midlands was gridlocked last night due to a half inch of snow , ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.