So do we have a Spine?

alabaster said:
mcmanus said:
IIRC Mancini said Ade will be back in the country around Monday.

Having never been lying on the floor of a bus for 20 odd minutes while a group of deranged terrorists unload sub machines at said bus. I have absolutely no idea if he will be mentally ready.

If the lad himself feels he is OK he may get a place on the bench at the swamp. Just incase.

Haven't you read the 'Ade, get your arse back here' thread or whatever is was called? Apparently he should have been back here playing in the derby on Tuesday because Lampard's mum died 2 minutes before a Chelsea match and he still played.

Yeah and he won't let anyone forget it either.

i think Ade should be given the benefit of the doubt here FFS his team mates died in a 30 minute hail of bullets. I jump if a car backfires.

Football in Africa is very important to these boys, you dont hear of many of their players retiring.

Weah would play now for Liberia if he could. No disrespect to Lampard either.

We haven't got one that comes close to the ones mentioned, no. The spines you've listed there are some of the best in the world and have taken years to develop, our team hasn't had enough time to settle and grow yet. Look at the players mentioned - Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Reina (not Riera - LOL) Carragher, Gerrard, Torres, vds, camel face, fletcher granny shagger. These are all committed reliable physically imposing players, some of which have been at their clubs all their careers and are consistently good performers week in week out.

Our 2 first choice centre halves have been here less than a year and at 29 Toure is hardly gonna be a rock for us for years and I'm not convinvced Lescott is going to be a long term rock at the back for us. Barry is pretty reliable and a good, physically imposing player although he can be a bit quiet.

Long term, I reckon Nige and Vinnie are our best bets. This will take time and we could do with Vinnie settling in at centre half but they're both committed and have a great attitude that benefits the team. If Adebayor is considered a part of our spine then we're in trouble because he is not a guy you can rely on and it's too early to gauge how committed he is to City

The Fat el Hombre said:
We haven't got one that comes close to the ones mentioned, no. The spines you've listed there are some of the best in the world and have taken years to develop, our team hasn't had enough time to settle and grow yet. Look at the players mentioned - Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Reina (not Riera - LOL) Carragher, Gerrard, Torres, vds, camel face, fletcher granny shagger. These are all committed reliable physically imposing players, some of which have been at their clubs all their careers and are consistently good performers week in week out.

Our 2 first choice centre halves have been here less than a year and at 29 Toure is hardly gonna be a rock for us for years and I'm not convinvced Lescott is going to be a long term rock at the back for us. Barry is pretty reliable and a good, physically imposing player although he can be a bit quiet.

Long term, I reckon Nige and Vinnie are our best bets. This will take time and we could do with Vinnie settling in at centre half but they're both committed and have a great attitude that benefits the team. If Adebayor is considered a part of our spine then we're in trouble because he is not a guy you can rely on and it's too early to gauge how committed he is to City

Misspell happens hrrrruuummpphh!!! cough1

The Fat el Hombre said:

By the way, we aint got years to develop, 4 months, so on that reasoning?

NICKS BACK said:
By the way, we aint got years to develop, 4 months, so on that reasoning?

Well, at the moment for me it would be Given, Tevez and Barry and/or de Jong and that's about it. I don't think you can count Toure or Lescott seen as they've only got a handful of games at the club. It's not as bad as it seems though cos we've got plenty of players committed to the club and academy products in the first team who want to be at City and know what we're all about

NICKS BACK said:
I found this one a difficult question to answer, but all the top teams have had one or had one.

Think Liverpool Riera carragher Gerrard Torres.
Think Chelsea Cech Terry Lampard Drogba
Even United Van der Sar Ferdinand Fletcher Rooney

Closest i can get to one is Given Toure Viera Tevez, which makes me think Viera will be more influential than we think and likely to play more than we think also.

Think players unlikely to be rotated.

I take it you mean Reina as opposed to Riera? Otherwise i can't see you mean he forms the spine of the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.