So, how did we beat Stoke??

Challenger1978 said:
charliebigspuds said:
the full backs stayed back instead of trying to be wing backs, we controlled the tempo of the game throughout the whole 90 mins ( we haven't done that for ages). We also played a very poor Stoke side and needed two very good saves from Given! on the whole I was quite happy with the performance especially the shape of the team, Barry and Ireland looked especially happy with the freedom that they were afforded instead of needing to cover flying full backs!!

That sliding pass from Ireland to Robbie was immense, in fact the passing of Ireland in general yesterday was unbelievably precise.
he's looked lost most of the time this season and seemed to struggle with playing the deeper roll. Hopefully Mancini will play him further forward and allow him to have his old positive effect on the game. When on form and allowed to play his natural game he's our best player IMO.

the second news that you can see very soon is the deployment of the midfield diamond with Ireland, for example could occupy the top up. In Italy such a deployment has been the most used when coached by Mancini Inter FC with excellent results, which allowed Stankovic to make great games. . .

Although I disagree with the way MH went, I do believe it was the correct decision.

So if he had still been at the helm yesterday, yes the team would have been different but it is quite possible we would have gone 2-0 before half time but this would have happened, we would have conceded the 3rd goal of the game, we would have looked unconvincing, we would have all bitten our nails and we would have conceded a comedy goal towards the end and the Stoke players would have had a nice celebration at our expense, followed by bluemooners spending all saturday night calling for MH's head.

Yes 4-3 against Sunderland was an exciting game but I for one prefered to have that little moment of relaxation towards the end, give me 2-0 against 4-3, 3-2, 3-3 anyday, i'm on BP tablets so need to be more chilled out!!!

Ireland in the hole made a big difference.

Playing the left and right wingers opposite foot to allow them to cut in and shoot was a good move. For all those banging on about we missed Petrov's crosses from the left, if we had Adebayor and Santa Cruz, then fair enough. But Tevez was never going to win a header a 5'6", so why would we possibly cross in the air?

Gencix said:
Hello to all the forums, this is my first post ;)
Sorry for my English, I'm Italian, but I'm also a fan of the Mancio (Mancini) because it was the coach of the Inter F.C. in the last year and I promise that the coach will do great your team.

Yesterday I have seen the first news from Mancini,when you watch the next game you will definitely notice the first positioned in its new defensive Mancini likes to defend on corners with the zone-defence.They need a few weeks to learn their movements well but then surely there will be fewer goals from corners . Yesterday the City's players have tried but you see that are not accustomed.

Give a little 'time the failure, is by far the best technician that the City could have at this time. All fans of the 'Inter F.C. Mourinho preferred it because the style of play of Mancini is more beautiful and uvula winner.

Good Luck Manchester City, today is my favorite English team;)

Benvenuto e vi ringrazio per il vostro sostegno.

charliebigspuds said:
Challenger1978 said:
That sliding pass from Ireland to Robbie was immense, in fact the passing of Ireland in general yesterday was unbelievably precise.
he's looked lost most of the time this season and seemed to struggle with playing the deeper roll. Hopefully Mancini will play him further forward and allow him to have his old positive effect on the game. When on form and allowed to play his natural game he's our best player IMO.

You raise a very good point, Charlie.

I'd forgotten that Ireland could easily play in the position that Robbi played in, at the start. It's the position behind the striker that I'd associated with Ela for so long. But, he's not here now, so Ireland could be that guy.

Hopefully, when Johnno gets himself fit(and he would excel within the Mancini set up), Ireland will be placed in the said position and we will see exciting sublime football that we've not seen at the club since Nijinsky's era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.