So, how did we beat Stoke??

De Niro "hughes's team would have put 6 past them. we were dire and the game was dull."

Yes but they would have drawn 6 all, we would have dropped another 2 points and we would be fighting it out with Sunderland and all the other no hopers for 10th spot. De Niro are you ever happy? Did the milkman run of with your wife or something? If you would rather watch exciting 3 all draws against Burnley or opening flowing one touch football as against Hull (sarcasm alert) then yes I suppose it was boring................some people are never happy.

and one more thing. the team would have been the same if mh still there, but no robinho, bellamy would have started, and judging from the reception he got,,,,,,

Blue Mist said:
De Niro "hughes's team would have put 6 past them. we were dire and the game was dull."

Yes but they would have drawn 6 all, we would have dropped another 2 points and we would be fighting it out with Sunderland and all the other no hopers for 10th spot. De Niro are you ever happy? Did the milkman run of with your wife or something? If you would rather watch exciting 3 all draws against Burnley or opening flowing one touch football as against Hull (sarcasm alert) then yes I suppose it was boring................some people are never happy.

That's what it is there are a few that can't accept he's gone.
He's gone now, that is the end of it, why did we draw so many games against "poor" opposition this season.

Or Mancini could be saving Bellamy some because of he's knees. Since he'll be starting tomorrow.

A little perplexed to see people undermine Stoke, as if the victory doesn't really count. They should have got something at Villa last week and have already turned over Spurs on the road. They are a solid outfit who will be comfortably mid table. I expect us to win more often than not at home, but you still have to go out and do it.

Arsenal 2 - 0
Birmingham 0 - 0 Stoke
Bolton 1 - 1 Stoke
Everton 1 - 1 Stoke
Tottenham 0 - 1 Stoke
Blackburn 0 - 0 Stoke
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Stoke

It took injury time for Chelsea to manage to beat them. They've had a couple of beatings at the hands of Portsmouth and Liverpool but that aside the above results show that they are a pretty difficult side to play against as they are a well organised, if unspectacular unit, that is hard to break down. With the injuries we had this could have easily been a potential banana skin, but we went out and picked up the three points in a very comfortable fashion. Probably the most comfortable victory we have had bar the West Ham game.

Bigga said:
charliebigspuds said:
he's looked lost most of the time this season and seemed to struggle with playing the deeper roll. Hopefully Mancini will play him further forward and allow him to have his old positive effect on the game. When on form and allowed to play his natural game he's our best player IMO.

You raise a very good point, Charlie.

I'd forgotten that Ireland could easily play in the position that Robbi played in, at the start. It's the position behind the striker that I'd associated with Ela for so long. But, he's not here now, so Ireland could be that guy.

Hopefully, when Johnno gets himself fit(and he would excel within the Mancini set up), Ireland will be placed in the said position and we will see exciting sublime football that we've not seen at the club since Nijinsky's era.
hope so Bigga, just the thought has me drooling!!

happy with the result except;
first twenty mins,many passes but getting nowhere,Stoke seemed to have more of the ball and were bossing the game
misplaced passes
Robinho playng instead of Bellamy
Zab moved to left back with Garrido on the bench who then went to midfield when he come on
Petrov on the right with Weiss on the bench

having said that,you cant argue with no goals conceded after 9 in 3 games and Mancini looks like he knows what hes doing.

The big difference yesterday was how we played when we didn't have the ball. We had a proper shape and a system, and hunted for the ball in packs in the classic Italian way. No surprise that Barry had his best game for weeks, as the system was very similar to Capello's England set-up in which he looks so comfortable

xmusampa said:
tend to agree with deniro.didnt see much difference other than we got a result . i suppose we challenged for more aerial stuff but that was it really.

We had 2 goals, 2/3 of the possession, 0 offsides, 0 cards, 7 corners, three times as many shots on goal as Stoke, many penalty shouts, and a clean sheet, all with basically a second string back four, and you didn't see much difference?

Not slagging at all but I am just curious: What exactly would have to happen for there to be a discernible difference for you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.