So how many?

My seat was unoccupied, as my mate couldn’t go so I sat in his seat, next to my other mate… I cannot access my online account and cannot get through to the club to sort it, so sacked off using exchange system.

I thought it was a good crowd still, probably 50k+ blues in the ground yesterday.

I don’t agree with the person saying 45000, no way was there 8k empty seats.

In a season where we are being laughed at from all quarters for empty seats, early leavers, poor atmosphere etc etc, the club are making it harder and harder for the genuine fans to keep going. Two points from this week from a personal point of view to demonstrate this….

My dad is 77 and had just come off the back of four weeks solid radiotherapy treatment for prostate cancer. He has had problems all season with changing his seat, wanting to sit nearer to me and his grandkids. A seat came up on the same row actually next to us as the guy who sits there no longer wanted it and told us we could have it. To cut a long story short, after weeks of trying we didnt get it but dad did move two rows away. This week his digital ticket didnt update on his iphone (he is technology averse!!!) so he rang City to try and get it sorted. After hours on end over two days he was told it would update in 15 minutes - it didnt. So on Friday he made the hours drive to the Etihad, stood in a queue for an hour in the rain to eventually get to one of the three open windows, where thankfully the lad was able to sort it for him.

Then yesterday at the match, he and my eldest son went in one queue at N2 whilst me and my youngest went in the bag check queue. We used to take a backpack with drinks and biscuits for half time but now only take an A4 shoebag in. I checked if this was ok at the start of the season and told yes. Then 2 games ago my son had taken a sip out of one bottle so were told we had to either leave the bottle or drink the rest before entering the stadium so my 9 year old had to neck a bottle of fanta! Then yesterday we were told things had changed and we couldnt take full unopened bottles in but, if we took the top off and put it in the bin we could take the full opened bottle in!!!

Sorry for the long ramble and it may seem insignificant in todays world but these are meaningful examples of how the club has become so disengaged with its long standing fanbase - ST holders of 60 and 45 years!

Problem is the shift to Season Tickets where cash is collected in advance with no hassle. Other bookings are not easy with issues of premium prices and not seating together. It is difficult and unattractive for anyone attending under 10 games a season whilst hospitality packages remain hassle free with seating together.

There needs to be flexible PAYG areas for all matchdays, preferably if it includes season card holders on a flexible seating arrangement in that area where SC and pay on the day can sit together.

In a season where we are being laughed at from all quarters for empty seats, early leavers, poor atmosphere etc etc, the club are making it harder and harder for the genuine fans to keep going. Two points from this week from a personal point of view to demonstrate this….

My dad is 77 and had just come off the back of four weeks solid radiotherapy treatment for prostate cancer. He has had problems all season with changing his seat, wanting to sit nearer to me and his grandkids. A seat came up on the same row actually next to us as the guy who sits there no longer wanted it and told us we could have it. To cut a long story short, after weeks of trying we didnt get it but dad did move two rows away. This week his digital ticket didnt update on his iphone (he is technology averse!!!) so he rang City to try and get it sorted. After hours on end over two days he was told it would update in 15 minutes - it didnt. So on Friday he made the hours drive to the Etihad, stood in a queue for an hour in the rain to eventually get to one of the three open windows, where thankfully the lad was able to sort it for him.

Then yesterday at the match, he and my eldest son went in one queue at N2 whilst me and my youngest went in the bag check queue. We used to take a backpack with drinks and biscuits for half time but now only take an A4 shoebag in. I checked if this was ok at the start of the season and told yes. Then 2 games ago my son had taken a sip out of one bottle so were told we had to either leave the bottle or drink the rest before entering the stadium so my 9 year old had to neck a bottle of fanta! Then yesterday we were told things had changed and we couldnt take full unopened bottles in but, if we took the top off and put it in the bin we could take the full opened bottle in!!!

Sorry for the long ramble and it may seem insignificant in todays world but these are meaningful examples of how the club has become so disengaged with its long standing fanbase - ST holders of 60 and 45 years!
I’ve had a number of similar experiences this season, punctuated by long queues on the phone or emails unanswered for days. My old dad the same too. He didn’t attend a game because of it.

Ticketing this season has been a monumental balls up.

Sadly I have to hold my hands up and say I am part of the problem this season.

Missed a few games and as its a single in SSL3 have put it on the exchange but it has never sold.

I do regret not deferring this year, change in circumstances, fuel costs and having to do the 500 mile round trip on non-match weekends, for other events (stag dos etc) has resulted in less money for football trips.

I do feel somewhat guilty about it but it seems no one wants my seat anyway (as it has never sold) so at least it does not feel I am denying someone a seat.

Just for explanation, I decided to go yesterday and spent almost an hour on Friday morning trying to buy two seats together, anywhere in the stadium.

The best I could do was one seat apart in the second tier of the North Stand and because the receipt said they were a resale, assumed that somebody who was part of a regular trio, was coming on their own.

Thankfully, that was the case, and the person sat between us happily shifted across.

Seen numerous empty seats threads (not my intention for this to morph in to another)

However, from my vantage, there were scores of doubles and rows vacant all around the stadium, running in to thousands, irrespective of what the attendance announced was yesterday?

The entire South Stand from bottom to top was the worst populated I had seen it, yet I couldn't buy two together for love nor money.

Is it really the case we have so many season ticket holders who just aren't turning up, as I had never really thought it was a huge issue, but my issues on Friday trying to buy just two tickets outside of the website's recommendation of the last row on tier three of the Colin Bell, left me wondering yesterday what is going on and how the club can fix it?
I’ve posted on this numerous times, without wishing to bore anyone I’ll go one more time.
After the extension and relocation when matchday tickets went on sale there were rows available for matchday in different blocks and stands, I could buy 2, or if I was taking friends 4 together. Over the years every relocation of s/c holders diluted those rows , and the seats they vacated became more and more scattered. So now 2 s are few and far between and go quick.
So yes apart from the unsold singles most of those empty seats are s/c holders not turning up.
As for what can be done the only solutions are either moving s/c holders to create rows, or when there is a relocation from another extension or shifting the family stand create rows. Once created ring fence them to stop s/c re locations diluting them again.

Sadly I have to hold my hands up and say I am part of the problem this season.

Missed a few games and as its a single in SSL3 have put it on the exchange but it has never sold.

I do regret not deferring this year, change in circumstances, fuel costs and having to do the 500 mile round trip on non-match weekends, for other events (stag dos etc) has resulted in less money for football trips.

I do feel somewhat guilty about it but it seems no one wants my seat anyway (as it has never sold) so at least it does not feel I am denying someone a seat.
It will be hard to sell because there are single matchday tickets usually available anyway.

When I read this post it makes me feel ashamed of the club. Treatiing customers with contempt is a very risky way to run a business.

I am a match day member and have been to every game this season with my brother, also a match day member. Couldn’t get two seats together for yesterday’s game so we sat a few rows apart. We’ve been in 301 every game bar one. wheras I was eligible for a season ticket my brother wasnt, hence a small fortune spent on match day tickets. i am not a seat counter but I was pretty sure yesterday would be our lowest attendance when in fact it was reported as our biggest, first time over 53,000 which is basically capacity. the only reason I can think is half term over the past couple of weeks with foreign travel also opening up again. As for the e tickets, seems to be getting worse, I have had no problems at the turnstile but wonder if other smart phones aren’t being picked up by the scanners due to age or just being a bit crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.