So is this it?

Really? I am.

Hart- 3rd best keeper (De Gea, Cech)
I sorta agree. There are about 7 decent Keepers in the league, and he is one of them.

Clichy- 2nd best LB (Azpilicueta):
This I disagree with. Nacho Montreal, Christian Fuchs, Ryan Bertrand and Danny Rose were all either better or as good. Even Cresswell and Brady looked like rising talent. Azpiculetta on the other hand was having a poor season. So wouldn't Even put him in the top 5.

Kompany- best CB.
He isn't. Injury proneness counts against him. Not sure what his long-term qualities are. Needs to play more than 4 game on the trot to deserve ratings

Otamendi- 4th best CB (Kompany, Koscielny, Vertonghen)
Alderwierld, and Van Dijk, probably join Kolcieny as the top 3. With Mori, Paulista, and Otamendi showing flashes of greatness but inconsistency. I'd probably rank Reid and Ashley Williams ahead of the inconsistent group for now. But I'm with you on Otamend's potential.

Sagna- best RB (and Zabaleta is probably second) Hector Bellerin and Kyle Walker are both better. And younger. So more likely than not they will continueto be better. Zab was injury marred last year. So we don't know what we are getting yet. But last season he wasn't top 10.

Fernandinho and Gundogan- two of the best CMs (only Fabregas has a claim to be ahead)
If you read the post I responded to it said 'If we didn't buy anyone this year we' d still have the best team ' So Gundogan wouldn't count. As for Dihno. I'd rank him behind Kante, Dembele and Carzola for sure. And about on par with Ramsey, Kouyate, and Drinkwater. Fabregas again, was poor and doesn't rank really.

Silva and De Brunye- top two CAMs.
Erickson, Dele Alli, and Ozil were all on par or superior to Silva last season. But rather than break it down by minutia positions. I'd like to lump all attacking mid positions together coz they are often all interchangeable.

Sterling- massive potential and who's better? Hazard, Sanchez, Mata, Pedro, Arnoutavic. Nolito is aruably 3rd best in the league now.
Navas- Only Mahrez, Willian and Mkhitaryan are better on the right.
So all attacking mids: Here is how I'd rank them going into the season.
Payet, DeBryune, Sanchez, Mahrez, Ozil, Erickson, Cutihno, Willian, Hazard, Alli, Silva, Mane, Barkley, Martial, Lamela, Tadic, Andre Ayew, Firmino.

As you can see from that top 20. Multiple teams have multiple players on the list. So we are not uniquely outstanding in the AM position.

By the way thstvlist ignored rising playerslike the trio st Stoke, Bojan, Shaqiri ana Anartovic.

Aguero- best striker in the league and it's not even close.
Agreed
As you can see from my response. It's arguable we weren't the most talented team last year. Talk less being the most talented now had we not brought anyone.

By the way, I thought Tothenham was the most talented team last year. We had bigger names, but they seemed more talented. This yearwith our additions, we should be in the mix again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.