So I've.......

de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
de niro said:
i know but i mean work wise. i intend to stroll around the italian countryside taking in the fresh air and perhaps an odd glass of red to pass the time :)

well as long as business and health allow me to.
Bit of coin is there in the carpet business? Local guy here, Bickley's, looks like he does well for himself.

I wish I had my own business at times. Fuck know what in though. The sex industry maybe.

our trade is alright mate, nothing daft but yeah you can make a living. colin bickley has got himself a good spot there, he does well. not many places round him.
if i make any money it will be in the property, with luck and graft enough to have the said glass of chianti :)

i am a lucky lad.
Thought you'd know him.
Good luck to you mate, and i'm sure that chianti is just about reaching room temperature about now.

Pigeonho said:
de niro said:
Pigeonho said:
Bit of coin is there in the carpet business? Local guy here, Bickley's, looks like he does well for himself.

I wish I had my own business at times. Fuck know what in though. The sex industry maybe.

our trade is alright mate, nothing daft but yeah you can make a living. colin bickley has got himself a good spot there, he does well. not many places round him.
if i make any money it will be in the property, with luck and graft enough to have the said glass of chianti :)

i am a lucky lad.
Thought you'd know him.
Good luck to you mate, and i'm sure that chianti is just about reaching room temperature about now.

cheers. i will of course invite bluemooners over to help finish the bottle :0)

Last day today and after reading Strangeways post from yesterday which I commend him for I couldn't help realise some simularities in my own life. The drinking and depression parts. They definately go hand in hand. With me having a bit of time off now I'm going to make a big effort not to drink.

I think I was unhappy in work then drank to escape which made me more unhappy in the long run and compounded things. Before I knew it I was drinking far too much without thinking anything of it. Tomorrow is the start of a new era for me in my life and I'm going to make it better myself! I could easily hit the pop for a bit but I'm not going to.

I was also surprised from reading Strangeways thread how many people have at some point struggled with the demon drink. I think it sneaks up on you and before you know it you are drinking way too much. Then it actually becomes hard to stop when you try. I never thought it would or realised how much on top of me it had got. Like I said at the time thought nothing of it and thought it was normal. I too used to get in horrendous states and had no stop button once I had had enough. I look back now after reading Strangeways post and the replies and realise I have a drink problem I think.

I used to play loads of golf and snooker and that has died of the last 3 or 4 years. Time to get back into that a bit more I think, like people were saying on the other thread one needs to keep active. I had started saying things like can't be bothered or would be too hungover.

Time for a new start I think!

MikeBlue said:
Last day today and after reading Strangeways post from yesterday which I commend him for I couldn't help realise some simularities in my own life. The drinking and depression parts. They definately go hand in hand. With me having a bit of time off now I'm going to make a big effort not to drink.

I think I was unhappy in work then drank to escape which made me more unhappy in the long run and compounded things. Before I knew it I was drinking far too much without thinking anything of it. Tomorrow is the start of a new era for me in my life and I'm going to make it better myself! I could easily hit the pop for a bit but I'm not going to.

I was also surprised from reading Strangeways thread how many people have at some point struggled with the demon drink. I think it sneaks up on you and before you know it you are drinking way too much. Then it actually becomes hard to stop when you try. I never thought it would or realised how much on top of me it had got. Like I said at the time thought nothing of it and thought it was normal. I too used to get in horrendous states and had no stop button once I had had enough. I look back now after reading Strangeways post and the replies and realise I have a drink problem I think.

I'll drink to that mate. (need to cut down myself)

MikeBlue said:
.......sold my business and I'm about to embark on a new journey. What to do though?

Put yourself through Neuro Linguistic Programming to stop your irritating habit of inserting the word "so" at the beginning of sentences in which it is not required and serves no purpose other than to make you sound like a Californian Software Engineer.

Didsbury Dave said:
MikeBlue said:
.......sold my business and I'm about to embark on a new journey. What to do though?

Put yourself through Neuro Linguistic Programming to stop your irritating habit of inserting the word "so" at the beginning of sentences in which it is not required and serves no purpose other than to make you sound like a Californian Software Engineer.

That was my previous job, soooo thats probably why I do it.

MikeBlue said:

I used to play loads of golf and snooker and that has died of the last 3 or 4 years. Time to get back into that a bit more I think, like people were saying on the other thread one needs to keep active. I had started saying things like can't be bothered or would be too hungover.

good luck mate

MikeBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MikeBlue said:

It's you and your kind I blame for the worldwide spread of this annoying verbal/grammatical tic. You should be ashamed ;-)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=227445&p=4633840&hilit=starting#p4633840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=227445&p=4633840&hilit=starting#p4633840</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
MikeBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It's you and your kind I blame for the worldwide spread of this annoying verbal/grammatical tic. You should be ashamed ;-)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=227445&p=4633840&hilit=starting#p4633840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=227445&p=4633840&hilit=starting#p4633840</a>

Ha I remember that thread.

So what ya gonna do bout it? Haters gonna hate!

:-)

MikeBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
MikeBlue said:

Ha I remember that thread.

So what ya gonna do bout it? Haters gonna hate!

:-)

Remember this one for grammar

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=273571&p=6279990&hilit=fat+girls#p6279990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=273571&p=6279990&hilit=fat+girls#p6279990</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.