So then, the window is shut, are we happy with our business?

The Fat el Hombre

According to the Telegraph, these were our deals:

MANCHESTER CITY

IN

Yaya Toure Barcelona £28m

David Silva Valencia £25m

James Milner Aston Villa £24m including swap

Mario Balotelli Inter Milan £22m

Aleksandar Kolarov Lazio £16m

Jerome Boateng Hamburg £10.5m

Alex Henshall Swindon Town £500,000

Albert Rusnak MFK Kovice Undisclosed

OUT

Robinho AC Milan £18m rising to £20m

Javier Garrido Lazio £2.5m

Valeri Bojinov Parma Undisclosed (About £4.5 mill)

Adam Clayton Leeds United Undisclosed

Robert Mak Nuremburg Undisclosed (£500k?)

Stephen Ireland Aston Villa Swap

Paul Marshall Walsall Free

Filip Mentel Dundee United Free

Andrew Mitchell Rangers Free

Karl Moore UCD Free

Benjani Mwaruwari Blackburn Rovers Free

Martin Petrov Bolton Free

Jack Redshaw Rochdale Free

Tobias Johansen Kongsvinger Free

Craig Bellamy Cardiff City Season Loan

Nedum Onuoha Sunderland Season Loan

Vladimir Weiss Rangers Season Loan

Ryan McGivern Walsall Six Month Loan

Gunnar Nielsen Tranmere Rovers Six Month Loan

David Ball Swindon Town Six Month Loan

Kieran Trippier Barnsley Six Month Loan

Andrew Tutte Rochdale Six Month Loan

Adam Clayton Leeds United One Month Loan

Sylvinho Released

There's a fucking lot to go at there and I could do a long as fuck post on this but I don't want to bore you all so I'll keep it short for now and just reply to any stuff that might come up in the thread. So here goes:

On the whole I'm chuffed to bits with the signings. Bar Yaya (who plays in a position where we needed a ready made top class player anyway), they are all young players who are already of a high quality but will hopefully grow with the club and become even better players. This is exactly what we needed and the right way about doing things, so I'm happy with that.

I'm happy with Jerome Boateng who I think is an exceptional prospect who can cover all of the back four, though I think he'll eventually end up at centre half (though not this season as he's needed at right back). Haven't seen a great deal of Kolarov but he's a good age and is highly rated (Mourinho seems to think he's the business) and did a good enough job on Lennon at WHL so I'm looking forward to seeing him in blue in the coming years. Eventually I came round to the signing of Milner and I'm now of the opinion that he's going to be a very important player for us in the coming years for a number of reasons (drive, quality, determination, energy, professionalism, reliability etc). Yaya Toure goes without saying what a great addition he'll be

Then we come to the attacking players. There's no doubt we needed a bit more creativity and Silva is one of the best in the business, or at least has the potential to be, but he's a bit on the small side and doesn't make up for that with a great amount of pace. Of all the players we've signed he's the one I doubt the most will make it in the prem, but he's definitely got bags of talent and a lot more heart and character than robinho so hopefully he can be our Zola in the coming years

Balotelli on the other hand is built for the prem. Pace, power, strength and enormous talent to go with it. He's a bit young yet though and will take time to find his way in a new league and a new country, if he finds his way at all that is. I hope we don't become too reliant on him but the fact we haven't signed a proven striker bothers me a bit and if we'd only managed to bring Dzeko in I'd really struggle to fault our summer business at all. Ade is a good player but can't be relied on and I would have liked another top quality striker in to do a proper job for us week in, week out up front

As for players out. Sad to see Bellers go but at least it's only on loan and he couldn't stay in the squad with him and Mancini not getting on. Sad to see Stevie go but only time will tell whether he's the player a lot of people think he is. Glad to see us cut our losses with Robbie and get him out of the picture. Also glad to see Weiss on loan at Rangers. The rest of the outgoings are nothing of great interest

So I'm delighted on the whole, just wished we'd got a proven quality striker in

yes and no.

YES
great signing imo, milner and yaya in particular great great signings.

NO
gutted to have lost bellamy. if mancini really belives that craig wouldnt have been one of the best 25 players in our squad, then fair enough, but he couldnt man manage him. he should have seen it as a challange to get the best out of him.
also abit dissapointed that we havent signed someone else who can make something happen out of nothing. silva yes. milner maybe. sjneider or van der vart would have been great signings.

8 out of 10 for me

Pretty much agree with all of that (barring Robinho - if some twat, likely Scholes breaks Silva's leg then we're stuffed for real creativity in tight games).

Mixed emotions from me ......

I never really wanted to see either Bellamy or Ireland go ... and , so far , i'm none too sure that Milner will improve us all that much either ...... but it's all over now , done and dusted , and we soldier on with what we've got .....

all i saw at Sunderland was a City side that played for half a game , and i've seen City sides of recent years do that all too often .....

for me ... and no doubt Mancini too ........ it's still all there to be proved!

Not overly happy with Bellamy and Robinho leaving - the art of management is to handle the subversive and difficult players better - especially when they are that good.
Shame we never got to see Robinho in a quality side which we appear to have now (Ie. against Liverpool).
Apart from that - very pleased with Milner and Kolarov and Boateng - but reservations as to how well Silva and Balotelli will adapt to Premiership football.
Yaya - undecided as to whether necessary or if any better than what we have.

Overall YES

Having seen Yaya now in a blue shirt I have seen what a truly World Class player he is and the difference he now makes to connecting our spine of the team.

Happy with each of our signings and looking at them all it would have been either Silva or Mario who would have got me the excited most but having seen the impact Yaya as made he will be the one who makes us tick.

Agree with the comment that we should have kept bellers but if a manager can't work with him and it disracts the rest of the squad then he had to go.

AntonDonJuan said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Yaya - undecided as to whether necessary or if any better than what we have.
This is a joke, right?

I had the pleasure of watching Barca a number of times when I was working there - and in all honesty - in some of those matches he was bloody awful !
Perhaps those games have clouded my judgment and I must admit to having seen him play brilliantly in some big games. Probably a case of wait and see for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.