So then, the window is shut, are we happy with our business?

All the signings were superb. Would have liked to keep Bellamy as I think he'd have offered more than Jo in the squad - especially with RSC staying as well. I'd pick a fit RSC over a fit Jo.

The Fat el Hombre said:
There's no doubt we needed a bit more creativity and Silva is one of the best in the business, or at least has the potential to be, but he's a bit on the small side and doesn't make up for that with a great amount of pace. Of all the players we've signed he's the one I doubt the most will make it in the prem, but he's definitely got bags of talent and a lot more heart and character than robinho so hopefully he can be our Zola in the coming years

I think Silva is the biggest question mark of our signings. If he settles into the PL he could make the difference between 4th or 5th place and genuine title challengers. But he is a lot smaller than I'd realised. I think he'll eventually adapt to the pace of the league, just not sure about the physicality.

You've pretty much nailed my thoughts in the OP there, mate. I've not seen much of Balotelli so I don't know how well he'll adjust but the little I have seen suggests he could be great. However, there may just be a bit too much pressure on him to perform in his first season. Time will tell....

good signings

disappointed at losing Ireland and bellamy who are two players who could have given the team something different when required. (and we have already seen that at times we will require to have a plan B)

disappointed that we didnt manage to off load Jo, Caceido (permanently)

I agree about what other posters are sying about silva....think out of all the signings he will be the one who takes longest/struggles to adapt which is a shame as we need his creative spark

RM now has a squad which on paper should break the top 4.....lets see how good he really is shall we

Think we should stop paying over the odds from now on and do a Spuds and play brinkmanship till the last minute instead of being fooked over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.