So what needs improving on last nights performance?

Gelsons Dad

3 -0 against any liverpool team as the stats show us is a once in a 73 year event so lets enjoy the result.
However, it never pays to be complacent so where can we improve?

For me, the weak link last night was Lescott. He was ok in defence but poor going forward and his passing wasn't good. 10 out of 47 passes failed to find their man. Richards on the other side made 45 passes of which only 1 wasn't complete.

Both fullbacks don't know when or how to run an overlap or what to do when they have run passed the winger. It was funny to see Mancini talking to Richards on the sideline when Yaya was down. He was drilling him on running overlaps.

We lost "concentration" after about 40 minutes. Had we conceded at the end of the first half it could have been a different game.

We started the second half slowly and were on the back foot when we scored.

Having got the second I thought we conceded a little too much space in the midfield for a while. This changed once we started to hit the wingers on the counter attack when we re took the centre of the pitch again.

and finally

I don't like the socks.

Sounds bad when I only list the faults but I'm sure this is what Mancini will be focusing on for the next time we play these tactics.

So what did I miss? What do you think?

Gelsons Dad said:
3 -0 against any liverpool team as the stats show us is a once in a 73 year event so lets enjoy the result.
However, it never pays to be complacent so where can we improve?

For me, the weak link last night was Lescott. He was ok in defence but poor going forward and his passing wasn't good. 10 out of 47 passes failed to find their man. Richards on the other side made 45 passes of which only 1 wasn't complete.

Both fullbacks don't know when or how to run an overlap or what to do when they have run passed the winger. It was funny to see Mancini talking to Richards on the sideline when Yaya was down. He was drilling him on running overlaps.

We lost "concentration" after about 40 minutes. Had we conceded at the end of the first half it could have been a different game.

We started the second half slowly and were on the back foot when we scored.

Having got the second I thought we conceded a little too much space in the midfield for a while. This changed once we started to hit the wingers on the counter attack when we re took the centre of the pitch again.

and finally

I don't like the socks.

Sounds bad when I only list the faults but I'm sure this is what Mancini will be focusing on for the next time we play these tactics.

So what did I miss? What do you think?

My pie wasn't quite hot enough.

Otherwise, everything was perfect.

alib said:
a bigger roof

I got soaked in the rain in the second half
this.

we need to show that kind of passion and team work every game. lets not forget we had half our defence out injured.

With the personnel on the pitch i'm not if they could have played much better.

I think we can have better, more creative performances in the future when we have the likes of Kolarov attacking from full-back (agree Lescott was probably the weakest link), Silva flitting around picking passes and Balotelli just destroying defenders.

10 minutes either side of half-time i agree that we lost a wee bit of composure, this was when i think we played the most long towards Tevez and kept on losing the ball, just before we got the second i was hoping Ade would come on, just to make the ball stick a bit better up front. We regained control quickly enough, but had we not had a bit of luck there, the game could have changed. That said there won't be many matches where the opposition doesn't at least have a spell of pressure or create a couple of chances.

Liverpool arent a great side and we shouldnt get ahead of ourselves i dont think.

They finished 7th last year. They have a new manager. They have an unfit star player in Torres and an out of form/on the decline star player in Gerrard. Another star performer for them is Reina who seems to be a different keeper albeit after 2 games of the season. Cole was suspendd. Their one and only other Champions league class player wants out and refuses to play.

Therefore they finished 7th but are going backwards. We would expect to beat near enough all teams at home so the team that finished 7th and are going backwardss should and were beaten.

A great performance but against a team we should have soundly beaten. And we did.

Hard to find faults last night. Lescott isn't first choice left back, but I think he's better there than others with Kolarov being injured. And yeah, some of the overlapping from fullbacks could be better. I think that in time that will improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.