So what needs improving on last nights performance?

kippaxblue76 said:
More possession, we only had 65% :-)

We should have had more shots on goal.

According to a poster on here, the BBC website stated we had only 2 shots on goal. And yet we scored 3.

Given that ratio, if we'd had 4 shots on goal, it would have been 6-0!

Both full back positions can be improved when Boateng and Kolarov are fit.

Other positions will fluctuate because of our strength in depth, but the spine of
Hart
Kompany
Toure
De Jong
Barry
Y Toure
Tevez
is mighty strong at the moment

i don't think he'll play De Jong, Barry and Toure in every game, but I expect he will whenever we come up against a 'top 6' or in form team - his approach being to stay strong and not concede first, if possible.
we have the keys to unlock any defence and a strong enough spine to keep all comers out.
but, they'll never gel!

Lescott was the weakest link. Vinny looked after him though and of course he is not first choice.

I like the socks!

Every aspect of our game, if we think that's it, job's a goodun, we will get nowhere. That match wasn't a real test of anything as Liverpool were shit and we were flattered by the scoreline . Great result but plenty can improve, more mobility/pace in the middle and more attacking full backs plus that formation will not work that well all that often.

Why ask Lescott and Richards to overlap and leave our defence exposed to a possible counter-attack when we have speedy wingers like AJ and Home James on the pitch? Let our full-backs do what they do best, namely tackle and harrass.

TeBe said:
kippaxblue76 said:
More possession, we only had 65% :-)

We should have had more shots on goal.

According to a poster on here, the BBC website stated we had only 2 shots on goal. And yet we scored 3.

Given that ratio, if we'd had 4 shots on goal, it would have been 6-0!

well does a headed ball in count as a shot on goal? We definitely dominated the middle of the park and we were fortunate that the chances we did create found the back of the net but it's not like we were an attacking juggernaut last night.

Was a great performance and worked against that side.I'dlike to think Roberto can think "outside the box" and tweek it as and when we play different opposition. Eventually when we get conditioned to playing this way I would like to see him working the strikers (Ade, Jo, Ballotelli) more often, especially if like last night when we are 2-0... bring on the big guns to crush the opposition. I appreciate that may be a season or more away yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.