So what next...?

marca_uk

See out the rest of the season and start over in August?

New Manager?

Overhall of the squad?

Bring some former players out of retirment (seems to be all the rage)?

Personally, I think we should replace Dzeko, Savic and (maybe) Kolarov (unless he plays like he did against Sunderland every week), sort out the Tevez and Balotelli disciplinary issues, replace them if necessary and regroup ready for August!

can somebody answer this guy, he is waiting patiently here!!!

(dont get down about it mate, it happens all the time when the traffic flow on here is high, lots of people saying the same things. kind of gets talked out. best advice i can give if you want lots of responses, go on off topic and talk about a personal issue that has some comedy milage in it - they are a very base audience on there, easy to please)

Here is my guess and analysis.

IMO Mancini will most likely get fired, what happens after that is for me pretty obvious regardles of who replaces the italian. But first, a short analysis of the season.

City started of fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Scoring goals, creating chances; nobody could stop the blues. Comparitions to Barcelona were made, and with good reason. The style of play was somewhat similar. However, this came to a sudden stop slightly before/after the winterbreak. If you look at Citys last 10 games, the lack of chances created are shocking.

What happened? Like Barcelona, City wanted to attack through the middle. The man in charge of the last pass; David Silva. David Silva was brilliant before the winter break, possibly the best player in the league. But after the winterbreak he went from brilliant to mediocre, while City continued the same style of play; through the middle. IMO this is when Mancini should have implemented a wide alternative(more play on the wings). I also think more focus on wing play will be in the book of whoever replaces Mancini(if that happens)

How will City look like next season? Balotelli will be out of the big picture, either sold, or replace Dzeko on the bench. I don't think Tevez will leave, unless he shows willingnes to do so. Adam Johnson(if he stays and he should) is going to play a decisive role, he will become a starter, playing on the right wing. On the left wing I think a new manager would play Kolarov, or possibly buy a left winger. Why so much focus on the wings? City need an alternative to the constant play trough the middle. Also, Edin Dzeko will be used entirely different than up until now, being a striker up front, getting fed from the wings.

This is what I think the attacking line up will look like:(from the left)

LMF Kolarov/new player
DMF Barry
CMF Yaya Toure
CMF Silva/Nasri
RMF Adam Johnson
SS Aguero
CF Dzeko

To clear things up. I am not saying that City should stop playng possesion football and attack through the middle. However, some games have been down right pathetic to watch where City constantly try to get through the middle without any plan what so ever. Also, with a player like Dzeko, playing with wings is a must. Feed him, and he will score.

marca_uk said:
See out the rest of the season and start over in August?

New Manager?

Overhall of the squad?

Bring some former players out of retirment (seems to be all the rage)?

Personally, I think we should replace Dzeko, Savic and (maybe) Kolarov (unless he plays like he did against Sunderland every week), sort out the Tevez and Balotelli disciplinary issues, replace them if necessary and regroup ready for August!

no mate we dont new a new manager. why keep mario? disciplinary issues need sorting out and more things should be kept in house. my problem with dzeko is he needs to be man managed doesnt he? he seems lost at times but the guy is a great player.

no point in starting all over mancini is building something great here at city mate its some players who let him down. he doesnt help with his interviews after games ;-> but i understand hes angry and we all say stupid stuff when we are mad

if it was me i would clear out kolarov mario dzeko savic pizaro (loan a.j) then clear the players on loan. they really need to go at the end of the season and then bring in a new forward winger and cb from the sales of the players we didnt want/need.

we should be proud of the season and 2nd, get behind mancini, move along the unneeded squad players and strengthen the squad for another title challenge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.