So what would you all have done differently?

anymore than 2sheiks said:
Gk,Hart.LB,Kolarov.CB,Toure,CB,Kompany.RB,Zabaleta.LM,Johnson.RM,Milner.DM,Toure.AM,Silva.STR,Tevez.CF,Santa Cruz. All playing 4-5-1 achieves is forcing the opposition to do the same out of fear of being over-run in the middle.Result:Boring tight match.It needs one of the managers to be bold and play with 2 forwards.The next game against Fulham could be more of the same I'm afraid.Float the ball into the box and watch Hangelaand head it away.

Would certainly be more attacking but can't help feeling we'd get totally over run in the middle.

I don't think 4-5-1 is the problem. I personally like the 4-2-3-1 formation. I just think Tevez for some games should be one of the 3 and not always the one up front on his own. He tends to want to drop deep anyway and maybe a bigger or quicker forward up top would offer us a different dimension.

1) Bought Dzeko. I was screaming from the rooftops until his buyout clause expired to take the buyout. Biggest mistake so far.

2) Milner in the center. He's not a winger. Villa fans have been baffled at how we're playing him.

Those are two really easily avoidable problems we have at the moment.

PhuketBlue said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
Gk,Hart.LB,Kolarov.CB,Toure,CB,Kompany.RB,Zabaleta.LM,Johnson.RM,Milner.DM,Toure.AM,Silva.STR,Tevez.CF,Santa Cruz. All playing 4-5-1 achieves is forcing the opposition to do the same out of fear of being over-run in the middle.Result:Boring tight match.It needs one of the managers to be bold and play with 2 forwards.The next game against Fulham could be more of the same I'm afraid.Float the ball into the box and watch Hangelaand head it away.

Would certainly be more attacking but can't help feeling we'd get totally over run in the middle.

I don't think 4-5-1 is the problem. I personally like the 4-2-3-1 formation. I just think Tevez for some games should be one of the 3 and not always the one up front on his own. He tends to want to drop deep anyway and maybe a bigger or quicker forward up top would offer us a different dimension.

Absolutely spot on!

When Balo is back, I'm sure we will see that happening.

chinley blues said:
not loaning one of our best players out would be a good start, today was crying out for a player like bellamy

Agree, i player like Bellamy. Not bellamy though.

He wouldn't be fit, he would be causing chaos behind the scenes and i wouldn't like to think about how many stories would be being leaked out.

People need to let go of Bellers,

I just think playing with 1 striker sends out the wrong message.Tevez isn't even an out and out striker.He's more of a support striker.Torres would be his ideal partner.Just as a side note,I wish people would stop fawning over Dzeko.I've seen him in some games where he's been totally annonymous.The only time 4-5-1 is justified is when your playing against a side with a renowned strong,world-class midfield (Chelsea) or a pretty passing side (Arsenal).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.