So who are REALLY ruining English Football

Graceyboy

Im not sure if this Stat has been showed before, but these are the percentages of Prem Clubs squads which are classed as "Home grown"

Aston Villa 68
Newcastle 65
Blackpool 62
Stoke 61
Wolves 60
Sunderland 58
Birmingham 56
Man Utd 54
Bolton 54
Man City 48
Fulham 44
West Brom 44
Everton 42
Tottenham 40
West Ham 40
Blackburn 38
Liverpool 38
Wigan 36
Arsenal 30
Chelsea 21

So the Myth that Wenger gets young players and brings them through the ranks is utter Shite.

Chelsea's plan to become self sufficient and has invested in their youth policy is utter shite

And we are still ruining British football

It would be interesting to find out the numbers of Clubs Successful Academy Pupils that still play in the Prem (not neccesserily for the same club)

Nobody is ruining English football.

The national side has fallen behind other nations because we've stood still while they progress.

I think we have improved English football because of our activity in the transfer market. We have cornered the market in top players, making it harder for the traditional Sky 4 to compete (see: no 'value' in the market and financial 'doping' quotes from baconface and wenger) and we are thereby causing a leveling effect for the rest of the prem to compete in. More fun for everyone...except the dinosaurs who saw it coming, had a word with Twattini, and are now hoping for UEFA to protect them from us.

Wenger does bring on young talent thru the Academy, as do Chelsea. Not necessarily English talent.

Fabregas for example.

They like us try and bring in young players from all over Europe for relatively low fees and that is what the reputation of Wenger refers to.

Great. Let's encourage them - leaves more world class talent like Dzeko for us.

And man - you should have been an England fan thru the seventies to really appreciate how far behind England can be. And that was with practically no non-uk players around.

Dire, absolutely dire.

ORodney said:
Wenger does bring on young talent thru the Academy, as do Chelsea. Not necessarily English talent.

Fabregas for example.
Shouldn't they count as 'home-grown' as well though?

I want to make it clear that the post I'm about to write isn't a pop at the OP or anyone else on this forum.

I personally believe the whole "United ruined football" "City are ruining football" is pathetic, I'm sorry but it doesn't take 1 team to ruin a game played all over the world because of "over spending" I believe that the ones to blame are the following 3, International broadcasting (SKY), FIFA, and the media (mainly UK) you could account all these (except the last one) ruining football world wide, as for the English game all 3 are to blame and the media as well as the FA know this but constantly try looking for a scapegoat, unfortunately we (City) happen to be that scapegoat these days.

Dubai Blue said:
ORodney said:

Fabregas for example.
Shouldn't they count as 'home-grown' as well though?

Maybe - but from the 'ruining English football' context I assumed the figures had been filtered for that otherwise they don't mean much.

But like i say - let 'em plough that furrow.

I'm too old to wait for City to grow our own. If money is the name of the game then that's the game we play. I just want to feel what it's like to win something big before I'm old and senile and damn the cost and damn what other club fans think.

ORodney said:
And man - you should have been an England fan thru the seventies to really appreciate how far behind England can be. And that was with practically no non-uk players around.

Yet some commentators class the 70's as glory days for the English game, as club sides won European competitions
Our national side never qualified, through a group, for any of the three World cups

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.