So whos next after sergio aguero ?

johnmc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
hesherehesthere said:
A centre half, surely?
We've got Lescott, Kompany, Toure, Savic, Boyata plus Richards can fill in if required. We've also still got Onuoha.

Double reverse behind the back clarkie
Yes but there are quite a few on here that don't rate anyone apart from Kompany in that position so it was hard to tell.

hesherehesthere said:
A centre half, surely?

Really? We've got Savic, Kompany, Lescott and maybe Dedryck Boyata and Onuoha. Kompany is proven world class. Lescott is good. Savic is potentially world class and Boyata is potentially very good.

Soulboy said:
Three more signings to come.

A goalkeeper... a central midfielder (Sneijder)... and a wide player (Cerci)...

If Nasri does become available SOON, then he will take one of those positions above.

I was thinking the same thing. If we swap Tevez for Wes. We could still sign Nasri just play him up front right, which if he is to be believed Gooney said was his best position.

Soulboy said:
Three more signings to come.

A goalkeeper... a central midfielder (Sneijder)... and a wide player (Cerci)...

If Nasri does become available SOON, then he will take one of those positions above.

No chance 2 players max including gk we have got ade,bel,rsc earning crazy money doing jack shit oh and that **** bridge.

okstate99 said:
zangatangring said:
Defensive midfielder (vieira replacement)

MAYBE a winger (depending on swp's form)

- playmaker (I'd be very dissapointed if it wasn't Pastore).

That's it I guess. Anymore would be a luxury.

Be prepared to be disappointed.

We have Milner, and Barry that can fill in for Vieira, he was just a sub last year.

I can see a winger but only if we get one at the right price.

We arent even linked to Pastore so dont get your hopes up, I would say about 1% of us signing him.

It will be Nasri, or someone else but I feel confident about Nasri.

I'm still secretly hoping for pastore ;). I was also under the impression that Milner was intended to be a utility man? He's surely not a viable option as a defender when you're playing amongst the champions league elite (IMO)? Also, many are saying Barry's gonna be used less (although, I'd be surprised).

You're probably right about Pastore and Nasri, but I hope not :). Which winger do you think we'll go for?

P.S. For everyone, please keep in mind that Mancini did desire 5/6 players for this transfer window in total.

zangatangring said:
hesherehesthere said:
A centre half, surely?

Really? We've got Savic, Kompany, Lescott and maybe Dedryck Boyata and Onuoha. Kompany is proven world class. Lescott is good. Savic is potentially world class and Boyata is potentially very good.

Kompany is world class. Lescott had a good spell end of last season, but is extremely basic, and can be undone by technical prowess. Savic shows promise, but has spent the last season in the Serbian league, let's not forget. This is a real change in depth for him. And Boyata may show promise, but is still a liability. I'd like to see Kompany partnered with a player of similar stature and ability, then we can push forward with confidence.

It should be a creative midfielder, no doubt about it. City definitely need much more creativity up front, and neither Silva nor YaYa can really provide it.

If you ask me, it was a higher priority to signing Aguero or even an AM like Nasri, who in my view was the best player in the premiership last year. It shouldn't be about the names but actual needs and putting the puzzle together correctly.

hesherehesthere said:
zangatangring said:
hesherehesthere said:
A centre half, surely?

Kompany is world class. Lescott had a good spell end of last season, but is extremely basic, and can be undone by technical prowess. Savic shows promise, but has spent the last season in the Serbian league, let's not forget. This is a real change in depth for him. And Boyata may show promise, but is still a liability. I'd like to see Kompany partnered with a player of similar stature and ability, then we can push forward with confidence.

Yep, I agree. I think Mancini's plans are to partner Savic and Kompany (eventually). If Savic does give a good performance this season, I'll be impressed. For a central defender, he's so young. I'd have thought that It was a long term investment but surely it couldn't be with the way we're going?

zangatangring said:
hesherehesthere said:
zangatangring said:

Yep, I agree. I think Mancini's plans are to partner Savic and Kompany (eventually). If Savic does give a good performance this season, I'll be impressed. For a central defender, he's so young. I'd have thought that It was a long term investment but surely it couldn't be with the way we're going?

I'd quite like to see an elder statesman figure come in to help the younger defenders develop; someone with CL experience.

Reason said:
It should be a creative midfielder, no doubt about it. City definitely need much more creativity up front, and neither Silva nor YaYa can really provide it.

If you ask me, it was a higher priority to signing Aguero or even an AM like Nasri, who in my view was the best player in the premiership last year. It shouldn't be about the names but actual needs and putting the puzzle together correctly.

Wow, can you please direct me to his best premier league performance? I want to decide once and for all the disparity in talent between him and Pastore.

In reference to creativity, I totally agree with you. When Yaya and Silva don't play we're devoid of magic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.