So, with no RSC, is it going to be Sturridge or Caiceido?

ChicagoBlue said:
Hughes has made it patently clear that he wants a target man who can put his weight about, hold the ball up, challenge for balls in the air and score his share of goals. He THINKS RSC is that guy, but he will not be here until summer.

So, in the absence of RSC, and recognizing that Jo (natural choice?) has gone to the Toffees, who will be the lone striker in the proverbial 4-5-1 that we will play for most (all?!) of the second half of the season?

Personally, I would like to see Sturridge be given a run of games to see if he REALLY has the ability he threatens to have. If he does a decent job, give him whatever he needs and forget about RSC. In addition, I would like to see Caiceido come on for the last 20-30 mins of games where Sturridge is not having much effect, so we can see exactly what we have there, too. Either way, by the end of the season, we need to have a decision whether they can both do the business or not in the "balance" Hughes is looking for.

Oh, and for the record, I think Robinho probably does NOT fit into Hughes' long term plans for his team and will be on his way at the end of the season.

Second half of season First XI:

................................Given

Richards...........Dunne.......Kompany............Bridge
................Zabaletta...............De Jong

....SWP....................Ireland..................Robinho(Bellamy next season)

..........................Bellamy/Sturridge

Thoughts?
richards to bench, zab to RB, de jong with ireland, and studge up front with bell, 4 4 2

ChicagoBlue said:
Hughes has made it patently clear that he wants a target man who can put his weight about, hold the ball up, challenge for balls in the air and score his share of goals. He THINKS RSC is that guy, but he will not be here until summer.

So, in the absence of RSC, and recognizing that Jo (natural choice?) has gone to the Toffees, who will be the lone striker in the proverbial 4-5-1 that we will play for most (all?!) of the second half of the season?

Personally, I would like to see Sturridge be given a run of games to see if he REALLY has the ability he threatens to have. If he does a decent job, give him whatever he needs and forget about RSC. In addition, I would like to see Caiceido come on for the last 20-30 mins of games where Sturridge is not having much effect, so we can see exactly what we have there, too. Either way, by the end of the season, we need to have a decision whether they can both do the business or not in the "balance" Hughes is looking for.

Oh, and for the record, I think Robinho probably does NOT fit into Hughes' long term plans for his team and will be on his way at the end of the season.

Second half of season First XI:

................................Given

Richards...........Dunne.......Kompany............Bridge
................Zabaletta...............De Jong

....SWP....................Ireland..................Robinho(Bellamy next season)

..........................Bellamy/Sturridge

Thoughts?

Out of interest- why do you think Robinho will be going? Is it because the Daily Mail says so? The formation isn't set in stone and can and will be altered to suit. With Given in the net and Kompany at centre half we may have more confidence to play 2 up front. Boj is due back, as is Petrov so in the 2nd half of the season we'll be stronger in all departments and be able to be more fluid in our formations both between and within games.

Surely has to be Cookiedough, we have to have someone who is gonna be a physical presence. Bellamy has to play off someone hes all about pace not skill so someone has to make the space for his run by taking defenders away and he needs to chase knock downs flick ons etc. He cant play as a lone frontman.

Shooter 83 said:
BOJINOV! Ready for 1st team in around 4 weeks. Heard he will be playing for res's in a couple of weeks.

hope this guy makes a full recovery and starts playing soon. followed italian football for years, he really is a top quality player.

lionheart said:
blue 1992 said:
we should give the xzibit a chance...
Who?

I think what he is trying to say is that Caicedo looks like Xzibit (the Rapper). :)

And I have to admit he has a point haha...

xzibit.jpg

fcb_caicedo_felipe150x150.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.