So you want to go by train to the Community Shield?

Definitely the best option is going through Leeds. You can get tickets on the Eastcoast website for £ 22 each way and £6 each way from manchester to leeds.
Much later trains back. Last train to Leeds is 2235. Even allowing for a protracted penalty shoot out that should be late enough!
A full price return (leeds-kings cross) is £100 each, but with a two together railcard (useful if you always go away, on the train, with the same person, means it is £133 for two. Buy the railcard online and you can get it for £27. You're well in front just using it for Wembley!!

get the cross country to banbury ( 27 min's past each hour) from man picc and change there
same platfrom and right into wembley statoin
coming back same thing
i've done it that way for last 5 trips!!!!

Bought train tickets last weekend. Manchester-Leeds-London. Cost about £50 return

james1910 said:
get the cross country to banbury ( 27 min's past each hour) from man picc and change there
same platfrom and right into wembley statoin
coming back same thing
i've done it that way for last 5 trips!!!!

Yeah Chiltern Railways is great. I drive to Bicester North and get the train directly to Wembley. On football days all the Chiltern trains stop at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.