social workers again..

Bluemoon115 said:
jimharri said:
You can't just say "carry on". You say that this thread (which you started) "aint a dig at social workers..". What's with the thread title then?

Yeh, don't expect a much better response from the OP though.

You have to realise that social workers are exactly that, WORKERS! They don't make the final decisions on anything, they compile reports which senior staff then assess and make a decision about from the comfort of their office.

My mum works as an admin assistant for one of the Oldham branches, and she says you can see the strain it has on the SW's while management swan around.

I second that.
My Sister is a SW and she's stressed out full time.
Workload growing and growing.
Not being able to devote enough time to cases.
Fcukwit managers making fcukwit decisions.
It's a thankless task.

jimharri said:
Citytillidie69 said:
The birth Mother is a "recovering" smack head - so the grandparent's haven't exactly got a great track record have they.

There is a great deal more to this story than the public are being told.

Its so easy for people to use the press to sensationalise there hard done story. It wouldnt suprise me if the grandparents dont now sell there story and then we find out that they are both on benefits (ie sickness allowance or whatever they call it) and the kids are another income stream for them.
What the fuck are you on about? You know for a fact that the mother being a drug addict is the grandparents' fault do you? Perhaps you'd care to show us some proof of this conclusion you've come to. I'm not saying that they're not to blame. Truth is, I don't know. And I suspect that you don't either. Don't start making assumptions unless you can back them up.

"give me child till he's seven and Ill show you the man"

As I said, Jimmy me old irish tinker, theres a great deal more to this story than we are being told.

Now the facts we are being told is a) The mother is a drug addict and b)the drug addict has parents who want to look after her kids. hmmmmmmmm.

If you read what the mother says and I quote " She said her son replied: "But Mummy, I want to come and stay with you and Granny and Granddad."

So from the mothers interview the drug addict mother lives with the grandparents and the grandparents want to look after the kids..hmmmmmmm

When reading the sensationalised stories in the rightwing press (Daily Fail, Telegraph etc) the uproar is not about the fact that the grandparents are not allowed the kids but the fact that they are going to a pair of chaps instead of a chap and a chapess.

The publicity has also helped them get backing from a Millionaire and the Catholic church to fight the gay adoption and not the adoption in general.

Citytillidie69 said:
jimharri said:
Citytillidie69 said:
The birth Mother is a "recovering" smack head - so the grandparent's haven't exactly got a great track record have they.

There is a great deal more to this story than the public are being told.

Its so easy for people to use the press to sensationalise there hard done story. It wouldnt suprise me if the grandparents dont now sell there story and then we find out that they are both on benefits (ie sickness allowance or whatever they call it) and the kids are another income stream for them.
What the fuck are you on about? You know for a fact that the mother being a drug addict is the grandparents' fault do you? Perhaps you'd care to show us some proof of this conclusion you've come to. I'm not saying that they're not to blame. Truth is, I don't know. And I suspect that you don't either. Don't start making assumptions unless you can back them up.

"give me child till he's seven and Ill show you the man"

As I said, Jimmy me old irish tinker, theres a great deal more to this story than we are being told.

Now the facts we are being told is a) The mother is a drug addict and b)the drug addict has parents who want to look after her kids. hmmmmmmmm.

If you read what the mother says and I quote " She said her son replied: "But Mummy, I want to come and stay with you and Granny and Granddad."

So from the mothers interview the drug addict mother lives with the grandparents and the grandparents want to look after the kids..hmmmmmmm

When reading the sensationalised stories in the rightwing press (Daily Fail, Telegraph etc) the uproar is not about the fact that the grandparents are not allowed the kids but the fact that they are going to a pair of chaps instead of a chap and a chapess.

The publicity has also helped them get backing from a Millionaire and the Catholic church to fight the gay adoption and not the adoption in general.
There you go again; assumptions.Despite what the rightwing press (your phrase) might have you believe, not all Irish people are 'tinkers'. Also, I am not actually Irish (born and raised in Manchester; Moss Side and Longsight). Still, to use an old press adage, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh? And looking at the quotes above that you have picked out, I still don't see any evidence from them that the grandparents are to blame for the mother being a drug addict

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.