Sol Bamba | Passed away age 39

youngbob

Former Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Leeds, and Leicester player. Was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2021 but was declared cancer free not long after after a few months of chemo.

I remember going down to Leicester in the FA Cup in 2011- the Neil Young scarves game - and getting into the ground just before kick-off only for Bamba to score after 55 seconds, literally as I reached my seat.

Really sad news. Leeds fans and Cardiff fans absolutely adore him by the sounds of things.

Former Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Leeds, and Leicester player. Was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2021 but was declared cancer free not long after after a few months of chemo.

I remember going down to Leicester in the FA Cup in 2011- the Neil Young scarves game - and getting into the ground just before kick-off only for Bamba to score after 55 seconds, literally as I reached my seat.

Really sad news. Leeds fans and Cardiff fans absolutely adore him by the sounds of things.

I remember that game very well. First away I went since I became a Dad.

Lovely guy. Rest in peace.

Quality player, loved him when he was at Hibs. His last game for us my mate got his Ivory Coast sweatbands he wore.

RIP big man.

I remember Sol from his time at Hibernian. He started out playing as a defensive midfielder before moving to centre half. He really stood out in the SPL and a move to England was always going to happen and he went to Leicester in the Championship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.