Sold out signs...What price

peoffrey said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
every home league game sells out from now until the end of the season? Demand is certainly increasing. Newcastle and Norwich already gone,Arsenal I think will...

Do you consider there to be a difference between a sell out and a full house? Away fans have to contribute to this but then there's Seasoncard holders who can't make it. I've exhausted everything I can for the Stoke match but I just won't be able to get there and there'll be an empty seat in 216.

you will be counted within the official match day attendance, regardless of whether or not you actually attend the game.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
every home league game sells out from now until the end of the season? Demand is certainly increasing. Newcastle and Norwich already gone,Arsenal I think will...

Not one of your better posts.

pride in battle said:
peoffrey said:
Do you consider there to be a difference between a sell out and a full house? Away fans have to contribute to this but then there's Seasoncard holders who can't make it. I've exhausted everything I can for the Stoke match but I just won't be able to get there and there'll be an empty seat in 216.

Give your ticket away?

It's tricky because I need to get the Seasoncard to someone and get it back from them. It also needs to be someone trustworthy as I don't want some Scally smoking in the toilets or lobbing a coin at Rory Delap with me taking the blame for it. A new SeatExchange service would be most welcome...

Are we talking about a Maine Road type sell out where the game is sold out and you can barely see a single spare seat in the ground?

Or an Etihad stadium sell out/big crowd where the attendance is announced and you look round and see loads of empty seats that don't tally with the announcement at all?

And if it is down to these fabled 'season ticket holders who can't make it' how come that didn't happen in such volume at Maine Road?

Demand for a good seat is quite high and I think reasonably well off people are buying Seasoncards to ensure they can get to the match whenever they are able to. I also imagine that a night match not suitable for Kids because of School will see Dad not go either.

We definitely need a new seat exchange. I agree with the poster above. It didn't work last time around as you could in most instances get a ticket on general sale.
I couldn't go to the Wolves game but a few quid back and someone gets a cheap ticket would now work for league games IMO

i've always just bought tickets as and when i can, but this season i've manage to make most homes, with the match priority.

I'm usually up in the gods in east 3 but on half way line, so good views but not really the atmosphere im after.

how do season tickets go on sale next season? is there a waiting list? would two together be easy enough?

thanks for the info in advance

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Are we talking about a Maine Road type sell out where the game is sold out and you can barely see a single spare seat in the ground?

Or an Etihad stadium sell out/big crowd where the attendance is announced and you look round and see loads of empty seats that don't tally with the announcement at all?

And if it is down to these fabled 'season ticket holders who can't make it' how come that didn't happen in such volume at Maine Road?

I think we have moved on a long way from Maine Road attitudes to season tickets.
People buy seasoncards for a variety of reasons:
- cost saving
- to secure a particular seat with a particular view / next to their mates etc
- convenience of not having to buy seats game by game
- "fear" of not being able to get tickets on game by game basis.

I think the last factor applied in the first season at the new stadium...but has recently reappeared with the success on the pitch.

(I think you will get more small groups of "occasional fans" clubbing together to get a couple of seasoncards...and then deciding on game-by-game basis who is going to each match..with others having to buy tickets on individual game basis if required)

If city maintain anything like their current form...I can see season cards for next season selling out a lot sooner than last time round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.