Solo/Frontman *FINAL* Mick Jagger Vs David Bowie

Re: Solo/Frontman Bon Scott Vs Geddy Lee

Geddy better musician/singer, but Bon much more charismatic on stage - you couldn't take your eyes off him, which takes some doing with a maniac schoolboy charging round the stage. Saw him in Coventry in 1979 - magnificent. So, Bon.

Knoxy38 said:
Davs 19 said:
Knoxy38 said:
Hideous choice to have to make but Geddy for me (Bon was a better 'front man' but Rush will always be the greatest).

Read your own post and then give the correct answer.

Er..what? not sure what you mean,buddy,but if it's my constant Rush references in the past then...Geddy!!! but i grew up with both and rarely a day passes without me playing a Bon-era track..and as 'running around whipping the crowd up' frontman antics go then Bon was brilliant.

But this is all just a bit of fun,isn't it?

Yeah, sorry mate, didn't mean to come over all arsey it's just that the threads asking for the best frontman, you acknowledge that Scott was the better frontman an then vote Geddy :)

Actually, after reading the post above, I will change from abstain to Bon. I was going off their voices, but the title is 'frontman', and Scott was certainly great at being one......which begs the question, why is Lee even in it?

His 'voice' and bass playing aside, he is far from anything of an enigmatic 'frontman' at all....he stands. 'sings', plays bass and keys....

Frontmen are people like Dave Lee Roth, Robert Plant and Freddie Mercury.....hell even Robbie Williams is a good fromtman live, and he can't play a note, nor sing too great.

Davs 19 said:
Knoxy38 said:
Davs 19 said:
Read your own post and then give the correct answer.

Er..what? not sure what you mean,buddy,but if it's my constant Rush references in the past then...Geddy!!! but i grew up with both and rarely a day passes without me playing a Bon-era track..and as 'running around whipping the crowd up' frontman antics go then Bon was brilliant.

Yeah, sorry mate, didn't mean to come over all arsey it's just that the threads asking for the best frontman, you acknowledge that Scott was the better frontman an then vote

Geddy :)

No worries,Davs,mate we seem to have opened up a whole nest of vipers on this one....reading MCFCTrick's post below/above makes a lot of sense and the word 'charismatic' has been used too.But the thread isn't or doesn't say 'Best',or 'Favourite' for that matter....so for the OP's benefit can i say my fave is Geddy but i'll bow to the pressure and say the best is Bon.
(not that anyone gives a shit...Blue2112 Help me out here!!! :) )

I was about to barge in on my black charger to rescue you knoxy ( us old Rush fans have to stick together you know ), but Bon was the better frontman and hence gets my vote.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:56 pm --<br /><br />Oh shit a big fuck off dragon has appeared at my window smoking a fat cigar and its giving me the evil eye. I think the Rush gods are pissed of ;-)

big gaz said:
I was about to barge in on my black charger to rescue you knoxy ( us old Rush fans have to stick together you know ), but Bon was the better frontman and hence gets my vote.

-- Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:56 pm --

Oh shit a big fuck off dragon has appeared at my window smoking a fat cigar and its giving me the evil eye. I think the Rush gods are pissed of ;-)

Ta for the support,Gaz,but the bloody thread needs renaming to 'Best...' can't disagree with all the pro-Bon posts tho....he was a proper RockGod and really envious of those who managed to see him.

Just hope to god the Bonham-Peart vote doesn't come up.Only one winner (dons helmet quickly)

Knoxy38 said:
Davs 19 said:
Knoxy38 said:

Yeah, sorry mate, didn't mean to come over all arsey it's just that the threads asking for the best frontman, you acknowledge that Scott was the better frontman an then vote

No worries,Davs,mate we seem to have opened up a whole nest of vipers on this one....reading MCFCTrick's post below/above makes a lot of sense and the word 'charismatic' has been used too.But the thread isn't or doesn't say 'Best',or 'Favourite' for that matter....so for the OP's benefit can i say my fave is Geddy but i'll bow to the pressure and say the best is Bon.

Knoxy mate as much as Rush are my favourite band and as much as I want to agree with you, I just can't on this one. The question is about best frontman and Geddy may well be one of the best bassists of all time, damn one of the best 3 musicians of all time and a whole lot more besides but there's one thing he is not and that is a great frontman. Rush don't and never have needed a frontman in the coventional mode. I just can't imagine Geddy fronting any other band but Rush whereas with Bon he certainly could and he was an outstanding frontman, even more so considering he could steal the limelight from Angus.

I'm off to flog myself 50 times and walk on broken glass in a bid to cleanse my soul for going against Rush but Knoxy I had no choice.

Blue2112 said:
Knoxy38 said:
Davs 19 said:

Knoxy mate as much as Rush are my favourite band and as much as I want to agree with you, I just can't on this one. The question is about best frontman and Geddy may well be one of the best bassists of all time, damn one of the best 3 musicians of all time and a whole lot more besides but there's one thing he is not and that is a great frontman. Rush don't and never have needed a frontman in the coventional mode. I just can't imagine Geddy fronting any other band but Rush whereas with Bon he certainly could and he was an outstanding frontman, even more so considering he could steal the limelight from Angus.

I'm off to flog myself 50 times and walk on broken glass in a bid to cleanse my soul for going against Rush but Knoxy I had no choice.

This could turn into your all time, all star, rock band thread.........Someone else can start that one, I couldn't deal with the abuse when I disappointed people....ll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.