Solo male gig attendees at girl band gig interrogated (Lincoln)

PinkFinal

Now I don't want to be a poster boy for anti wokeness but this is just bizarre
There's some fuckin weird people around nowadays some in positions of authority it seems
They need to find out which fuckwit is behind this nonsense and expose them

I was refused entry to a bar in Town after a game last season by a bouncer because I was a man on my own.

All I wanted to do was sit at the bar, mind my own business, have an Old Fashioned cocktail because they’re nice from that bar and then go home.

I go out a lot on my own, I hope this isn’t going to become a ‘thing’.

Years ago you’d try and gain entry to places on your own because they wouldn’t let groups in. You’d go on your own, two mates would follow a few minutes later and then the fourth lad a few minutes after them, all pretending we weren’t together but then all meet at the bar.

Last edited:
There's some fuckin weird people around nowadays some in positions of authority it seems

I'm part of a facebook group for gig goers, and some of the people there were involved, and were non-too happy. Some just thought it was odd, whereas one said he was so uncomfortable he didn't go in. I think apologies, and refunds, along with lesson learnt would go a long way.

I am not sure the individual needs exposing, as it sounds like someone in charge of security at a fairly small venue, overreacted to events at another gig by the band. It's as likely to be "fear of paediatricians" as anything "woke".

I’m genuinely trying to understand because I feel a bit slow… I thought wokeness was basically the polar opposite of this. As in, bending over backwards to accommodate and promote diversity. Or letting people get away with things for fear of offending them based on some protected characteristic. People have been arguing that letting men into women’s spaces is woke behaviour for literally years now, in fact I thought that was a major argument of the “woke bad” crowd.

Is this not what the anti-woke people wanted? Overzealous surveillance and profiling of people based on protected characteristics?

I thought I understood it but apparently I don’t.

I'm one of those old blokes (59) you get at loads of gigs, especially those of female singer songwriters like Alix Page, Matilda Mann and Lizzy McAlpine who play Gorilla, Deaf Institute etc.

I always stand at the back, mainly not to block the view of young females but also occasionally feel a bit conspicuous.

Exactly the sort of lone bloke (Mrs Unicorn hates standing) apparently interrogated at Lincoln. I wonder if this is as much about fears about upskirting by blokes on the barrier as anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.