Solo male gig attendees at girl band gig interrogated (Lincoln)

I'm part of a facebook group for gig goers, and some of the people there were involved, and were non-too happy. Some just thought it was odd, whereas one said he was so uncomfortable he didn't go in. I think apologies, and refunds, along with lesson learnt would go a long way.

I am not sure the individual needs exposing, as it sounds like someone in charge of security at a fairly small venue, overreacted to events at another gig by the band. It's as likely to be "fear of paediatricians" as anything "woke".
Am I missing something? What have child drs been up to?

The band deny ordering this.

Seems to be down to whoever is in charge of the security. Some mutterings about some "incidents" at a previous gig involving the band, but no details.

Clearly a case of profiling and discriminating against one section of the paying customers.

The band deny ordering this.

Seems to be down to whoever is in charge of the security. Some mutterings about some "incidents" at a previous gig involving the band, but no details.

Clearly a case of profiling and discriminating against one section of the paying customers.

Call me cynical but the amount of hype and pr that's gone into Last Dinner Party i'd be quite surprised if someone associated with them wasn't behind this.

I'm one of those old blokes (59) you get at loads of gigs, especially those of female singer songwriters like Alix Page, Matilda Mann and Lizzy McAlpine who play Gorilla, Deaf Institute etc.

I always stand at the back, mainly not to block the view of young females but also occasionally feel a bit conspicuous.

Exactly the sort of lone bloke (Mrs Unicorn hates standing) apparently interrogated at Lincoln. I wonder if this is as much about fears about upskirting by blokes on the barrier as anything.
I’ve recently seen CMAT, Laura Cantrell, Caroline Rose etc, at various venues in Manchester, always on my own, and I’m sure I was the oldest person at most of them. No issues getting in to any of these gigs.

I've been to loads of gigs at the Engine Shed. Never had a problem with security, but then I've never gone as a single male to an all-female performance.
I've never heard of this band, but judging by their write up, they're hardly some teenie bopper girl band that some pervert is going to turn up to just to look at young girls in the crowd. They seem to be a critically acclaimed indie band as far as I can tell. The sort of band that would get proper music fans of all ages coming around.

But then perhaps this incident is just an extension of the sexist shit that no man could possibly enjoy music or art produced by women, or if they do, it could only be for some ulterior sexual motive (or because they're gay, of course). I remember JK Rowling saying that the only reason Harry Potter is a boy is because she knew that if she had a female lead, the book would only ever be marketed to and read by girls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.