Some of our deals!

Fanny Fart said:
The actual fees were inflated because it was us buying those players.

And at the time, we were a mid table club. We bought Ade and RSC in the pre season after finishing 10th, and Bridge and Bellamy in the January before that. We had to pay big wages to get these players to move to us.

It was a necessary eveil to get us to finish 5th that year, then ultimately take the final stepping stone into the Champions Lge the next season.

You don't think these players would have moved for the same money they were on at their previous clubs do you?

Exactly, why some can't understand this is beyond me, being stuck with players on top mOney is an unfortunate byproduct of our early spending and foundation laying

Those signings and wages however aren't factored into the FFP rules as their deals pre dated that :)
Small potatoes for our owners in all honesty, it's the 25 man squad rule which means they may be left to rot in the stands instead of being called on if needed.

I can see these players doing a Nigel Clough or Danny Mills and let their contracts run out whilst doing nothing but training every week.

citymad said:
I can see these players doing a Nigel Clough or Danny Mills and let their contracts run out whilst doing nothing but training every week.

let them, we signed them we should pay the contracts. personnally i would have thought professional footballers would want to play week in week out. 30,000 - 100,000 per week is an amazing wage, if they had anything about them they would take a cut and leave. but like i said, we signed them up for 5 years we should pay it.

marwood, cook or whoever were backing the then manager so they were right to sign them. the same could be said about NDJ we paid 18m in january, if we would have waited until the summer we would have paid nothing for him

but hes worth every pay and them some. when we signed adebayor or RSC who was to know it would end this way.

Am I right in saying that none of these wages count toward the FFPR? If so fuck em. Let them rot in the reserves. If they are hungry enough to play football then they'll soon want a pay cut and a move when they are doing fuck all every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.