Some of You Need To Understand

I hope the op is right and only time will tell but i wouldnt risk a single penny of my money on it im afraid

gelly said:
Yeah agree and under Mancini, City have the best home record at the moment. 2 games were under Hughes though, but Mancini has made it 4 wins from 4 in the league. He hasn't lost a game at home yet. Mancini is usually very strong at home and rarely loses a game. He just needs to work on the away form, it's hard to play away, this is when confidence, mentality and a clear attacking identity is crucial.

Stoke are very strong at home, I think only 3 teams have gone there and come out with a win.

Those lucky enough to go watch the game, please support Mancini and the guys at home against Liverpool, it'll be crucial for a win.

Those 3 teams being Rags, Chelsea and Birmingham. We maybe should have done better with them down to 10 men but it has been proved so many times in the past losing a man just makes them work even harder, good point after being behind.

Mancini is averaging 2 points per game since he took over. If he continues till the end of the season we will be on 71 points and will finish 4th.

However, the truth is that he has had an easy run and now we will find out what he is made of. I think we will only get another 16 or so points from our remaining fixtures.

Hughes was on target for 65 points. I hope I'm wrong but I think we might finish on around 63 and Mancini will have made little difference BUT despite my negativity the facts are he is averaging 2 points a game right now so it's difficult to argue against him.

Cobwebcat said:
Mancini is averaging 2 points per game since he took over. If he continues till the end of the season we will be on 71 points and will finish 4th.

However, the truth is that he has had an easy run and now we will find out what he is made of. I think we will only get another 16 or so points from our remaining fixtures.

Hughes was on target for 65 points. I hope I'm wrong but I think we might finish on around 63 and Mancini will have made little difference BUT despite my negativity the facts are he is averaging 2 points a game right now so it's difficult to argue against him.

You say there that he has had an easy run but IMO there are no easy games, i think we will be able to judge better after Sunday, it will be interesting to see how we play against a footballing side rather than cloggers, if memory serves me right we played better against the rags than any of the so called lesser teams.

Ricster said:
MANCINI IS NOT HUGHES!

All i've been reading this morning is Hughes would ave done it this way, Hughes' team would've scored 4, the football was better under Hughes, Hughes brought excitement, Hughes equals goals.

Do you honestly know what it sounds like. Being back in primary school with the old 'my dad is better than your dad' argument.

The fact is, we have a great oppotunity coming up against Liverpool on Sunday. It could actually be our most important game of the season, and one we definately have to unite for. Our players need us more than ever!

Look positively at things.

W 5, D 1, L2, which has taken us up into the top 4. Never mind how we're playing who would have took this table, as it stands now, at the start of the season?

Team Pld W D L F A Diff Pts
1 Chelsea 26 18 4 4 61 22 39 58
2 Man United 26 18 3 5 62 21 41 57
3 Arsenal 26 16 4 6 61 30 31 52
4 Man City 25 12 9 4 48 33 15 45
5 Liverpool 26 13 5 8 43 27 16 44

We're in 4th. Play an average Liverpool on Sunday with a great opportunity of going 4 clear of Liverpool who i believe to be our main contenders for 4th. Then we still have that game in hand that everyone was so keen to point out when MH was in charge.

I agree, its not pretty to watch but, if it takes us into the Champions League and gets us the world class and a better quality player that i expect we've all been hoping for then isn't that the whole point?

Its not how we get there, its a case of we must get there. I think everyone will agree, there isn't a better time to break into the top 4. The opportunity is there and there is also the chance it will cost the other teams, especially Liverpool, who's debt will come into play, if we do.

I couldn't give a toss if we are branded the Arsenal of old, or if we play worse than we already are, as long as we are picking up the same or more points as our closest rival, come May i'll be able to read up on City fans travel arrangements for Europe and the CL, whether it be by Cruise liner or Fishing Boat, like those fans trying to make the EB/Streymur game, it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there.

I have said this before. Gaining fourth spot will not suddenly attract world class players to the club IMO. All fourth spot gets us is some possibly very tricky qualifying rounds. If we were guaranteed the group stages by finishing 3rd or higher then maybe it would be different. Dont get me wrong, I think finishing fourth is a good step forward but I dont believe in will result in an abundance of truly world class stars arriving at Eastlands. It would just be the next phase of the "project".

the thing is the difference in both of their managerial styles. mancini prefers to play the more defensive strategy which has certainly made us more solid in that department but with the 3 def mids it offers us no creative option or attacking out let through the middle, which is effectively where the game is won. they throw the ball away too often which invites teams onto us more often but with a sturdier defensive unit to deal with that threat.
hughes styles was a little more keeganesque in that "we'll score one more than you" don't know if the money went to his head when he saw the attacking options available, caved in to some of the bigger egos on the team or that it was just the style he wanted to play regardless. we created more chances which meant we had more sustained pressure up their end of the field which led to more goals and less opportunity for the to come at us, but with a much weaker defence which leaked more goals in number and softness.

this season is pivotal and couldn't care less if we bore our way to 4th because it will give mancini the chance to bring in the players he wants, on a stage that we all want and we can hopefully play more balanced and attractive football. if he can get us there with the lack of central plyers he prefers then thin what he could do with a couple of top class additions.

i'm behind mancini but am worried for his current tactics and selections and think/hope cl qualification will sort that all out. christ just imagine if hughes had adopted our current selection/tactical policy

Ricster said:
MANCINI IS NOT HUGHES!

All i've been reading this morning is Hughes would ave done it this way, Hughes' team would've scored 4, the football was better under Hughes, Hughes brought excitement, Hughes equals goals.

Do you honestly know what it sounds like. Being back in primary school with the old 'my dad is better than your dad' argument.

The fact is, we have a great oppotunity coming up against Liverpool on Sunday. It could actually be our most important game of the season, and one we definately have to unite for. Our players need us more than ever!

Look positively at things.

W 5, D 1, L2, which has taken us up into the top 4. Never mind how we're playing who would have took this table, as it stands now, at the start of the season?

Team Pld W D L F A Diff Pts
1 Chelsea 26 18 4 4 61 22 39 58
2 Man United 26 18 3 5 62 21 41 57
3 Arsenal 26 16 4 6 61 30 31 52
4 Man City 25 12 9 4 48 33 15 45
5 Liverpool 26 13 5 8 43 27 16 44

We're in 4th. Play an average Liverpool on Sunday with a great opportunity of going 4 clear of Liverpool who i believe to be our main contenders for 4th. Then we still have that game in hand that everyone was so keen to point out when MH was in charge.

I agree, its not pretty to watch but, if it takes us into the Champions League and gets us the world class and a better quality player that i expect we've all been hoping for then isn't that the whole point?

Its not how we get there, its a case of we must get there. I think everyone will agree, there isn't a better time to break into the top 4. The opportunity is there and there is also the chance it will cost the other teams, especially Liverpool, who's debt will come into play, if we do.

I couldn't give a toss if we are branded the Arsenal of old, or if we play worse than we already are, as long as we are picking up the same or more points as our closest rival, come May i'll be able to read up on City fans travel arrangements for Europe and the CL, whether it be by Cruise liner or Fishing Boat, like those fans trying to make the EB/Streymur game, it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we get there.

I agree it doesn't matter how we get there as long as we get there, but once we are there, would you still be happy to accept this standard of football if it meant winning a few more trophies than playing beautiful football?

Good post.
People need to get a grip and look at the table really.

Mancini style is dont lose the match. Play tight and try to nick something. Last night, their goal was a 1 in a million. Given would save that on any other day. So it seemed we was on course to not lose. Whether we would have gone on to nick the winner I dont know. We pushed harder after going behind which we always seem to do. Hughes had them pushing harder from the off which inevitably lead to more goals at both ends. Mancini is Mr patient, although he did seem to start losing his cool a little last night. Probably due to the "Cauldren" that is the shittanica stadium.

We ARE becoming a hated team, I dont really know why. We dont have an arrogant manager, nor do we have arrogant players. We DO have some arrogant fans but dont all clubs?

I was watching on Nova sports last night and the english commentary was so biased you wouldnt believe it. "Shouldnt have been a red card, very harsh. Its instinct to grab a players shirt" ...Fook off!!!

Anyway, good post.

Roll on Sunday where we dont have to play some cloggers. Unless Rafa has done his homework and plays ala stoke.

kenzie115 said:
I agree it doesn't matter how we get there as long as we get there, but once we are there, would you still be happy to accept this standard of football if it meant winning a few more trophies than playing beautiful football?

I think the "beautiful football" will come once we get settled at a high playing level. We are new to this top4 stuff and being everyones cup final at this level. We have been there in the old div 1 and div 2 etc but prem is way different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.