Someone from City take a look at this please....

A big thumbs down for this idea. To me, it's a solution, and a poor one at that in my opinion, for a symptom rather than the disease. It's far more logical to attack the cause of the problem; too little supply (disorganised bar staff, not enough pints poured beforehand, dispensers aren't quick enough) for too much demand. The solutions for that are obvious and inexpensive. In fact, with more people being able to buy pints and more often, it would probably be a net gain for the club.

gazeth said:
Apparently they have already tried to do this but it got blocked on health and safety grounds!!!???
they used to have barriers at maine rd in the north stand and it worked ok, im more concerned about the state of the beer cos i dont know about other bars in the ground but in the south stand its so bad its un drinkable!! it got that bad last season that they had to stop serving it on quite a few occasions so you were forced to buy bottles which worked out at £6 a pint!!

Skashion said:
A big thumbs down for this idea. To me, it's a solution, and a poor one at that in my opinion, for a symptom rather than the disease. It's far more logical to attack the cause of the problem; too little supply (disorganised bar staff, not enough pints poured beforehand, dispensers aren't quick enough) for too much demand. The solutions for that are obvious and inexpensive. In fact, with more people being able to buy pints and more often, it would probably be a net gain for the club.

I stopped reading after you put this and simply assumed you were one of those pushing in, haha!! =P

Sorry to jump in here, but I can't start a post.

I live in Spain but visited the C of M stadium a week or so ago. I was too late for a tour but bought a shirt for my son in the shop. Can I say what wonderful service I had from an attentive and professional staff. It was a thrill just to be there but the attitude of those who served me was brilliant. Keep it up. Manchester City is the best club in the world and all that work there have got to believe it.

Well Done

Move away from cash handling. Enable Seasoncards/City Cards to be loaded-up with cash at multiple points around the ground and use the Card for paying for anything inside the ground (programme, drinks, food, lockable cubicles!) or the Club shop. More throughput, increased sales volume, higher profits, happy customers. ROI/Payback in no time, I'd be happy to project manage the implementation! :-)

billy_big_spuds said:
Danny Hoekman said:
The barriers don't make it any quicker to get served - if anything it slows things down.
No it doesn't....

You generally get served quicker at our place than the aways where the queueing barriers are in place*.

*I should know, I do it every game ;-p

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.