Son looking to choose Manchester Metropolitan University.

Penfold the Duke

Team supported
Kidderminster Harriers
We have visited once and are back for a 2nd visit at the end of November as my son has this University down as his favourite choice so far.

He would be based around the Brooks building and in student accommodation nearby for the 1st year.

Is anyone able to give me some advice on the area around it (is it classed as Hulme?)

We are at the game against Southampton this weekend and plan to park up and have a good look around, just sussing out transport in and out of the city, and what the surrounding area is like.

I’m sure the student’s union will provide loads of info but I just hoped asking on an actual Manchester forum might give me better feedback. (ANY comments welcome, just thought first hand experience might be better)

We have visited once and are back for a 2nd visit at the end of November as my son has this University down as his favourite choice so far.

He would be based around the Brooks building and in student accommodation nearby for the 1st year.

Is anyone able to give me some advice on the area around it (is it classed as Hulme?)

We are at the game against Southampton this weekend and plan to park up and have a good look around, just sussing out transport in and out of the city, and what the surrounding area is like.

I’m sure the student’s union will provide loads of info but I just hoped asking on an actual Manchester forum might give me better feedback. (ANY comments welcome, just thought first hand experience might be better)
13786C52-9361-489D-A6C8-D1A1F1EAD982.jpeg

Lots of students in that area and very close to the City Centre. My kid goes to college close by and I never worry about her. I imagine there are lots of "characters" around the ASDA and market but I imagine no more or less than any comparable place. The city centre is an easy bus ride away and Hulme has a bunch of community stuff going on away from university life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.