Son looking to choose Manchester Metropolitan University.

My Alma Mater too. Had a great SU when I studied there, and you could get cheaper tickets for City games. Swimming pool is still there across the street too, I think. Graduating from there did my career no harm at all. Tell your lad to go for it and enjoy it!

Is he doing his degree while playing for Spurs, like Vinny did his MBA while playing for us?

MMU is my alma mater as well but I was mainly based at Aytoun Street, in what's now Kampus. But everything is close together down there, with the Brooks building only a short walk from the main Mcr University and MMU campuses, and therefore close to the city centre.

Is he doing his degree while playing for Spurs, like Vinny did his MBA while playing for us?

MMU is my alma mater as well but I was mainly based at Aytoun Street, in what's now Kampus. But everything is close together down there, with the Brooks building only a short walk from the main Mcr University and MMU campuses, and therefore close to the city centre.
Reading up it was interesting to see just how many students are in Manchester in total. As you say this area around the two Universities is obviously very heavily student populated.

Lots of students in that area and very close to the City Centre. My kid goes to college close by and I never worry about her. I imagine there are lots of "characters" around the ASDA and market but I imagine no more or less than any comparable place. The city centre is an easy bus ride away and Hulme has a bunch of community stuff going on away from university life
That was pretty much what I was expecting to hear mrbelfry. I'll be whizzing him down to the ASDA and market first of all! And to the local Asian and Middle Eastern supermarkets, I just wish we had some near us. My sister lived near Finchley in London and I had a field day when visiting, topping up on all sorts of stuff. Then picking up some real bagels from the Jewish bakeries in Golders Green before setting off for home. He'll no doubt have tons to do via the SU and Uni itself, but we just wanted feedback like yours about the actual area.

He's far safer in Hulme than the City Centre.

Won't matter really he'll be here there and everywhere getting pissed up and waking up in a different birds bed every morning.

Lucky bastard

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.