Songs we no longer sing.

Long time ago, v Everton, a girl would go round with a tray, dishing out Everton Mints to the crowd.

Hence the famous chant. 'You can stick your fucking toffees up your arse.'

Can't confirm this, but someone told me that one year at Everton away, the said girl got hit by a brick from the City end. Given how things were back then, it wouldn't surprise me that much - perhaps someone is old enough to remember?

Long time ago, v Everton, a girl would go round with a tray, dishing out Everton Mints to the crowd.

Can't confirm this, but someone told me that one year at Everton away, the said girl got hit by a brick from the City end. Given how things were back then, it wouldn't surprise me that much - perhaps someone is old enough to remember?

I went to Goodison back in the 70's a number of times and like all away grounds then it was pretty hairy outside both before and after the game, no were near as bad as Leeds mind. I can't remember anyone bricking her although that doesn't say it didn't happen, but the girl in full traditional dress would throw toffees into the fans. The chant you suggest was correct it was sung, as was get your tits out for the lads.

"Get your tits out for the lads"
Rangers/Celtic repeat 50 times
Here we go here we go here we go, here we go here we go here go.......(WTF)
remem mem remember wember re mem mem remember member re mem mem remember wember when when City scored ten
Imre Banana
Hes fat he's round he bounces on the ground Atkinson Atkinson
Aye Aye Aye Aye, Fergson's ridfdled with Herpes etc.......
Going up going up going up
And all the goals that Kinky Scores are blinding etc.......Your my Alan Ball.....
City agro, City Agro
And its Manchester City, Manchester City Fc we're by far the greatest team....

I remember the last time this was sung at Maine Road.
First game after Alan Ball was sacked - a night game - back of the Kippax (seats by then).
Someone started singing this, no one else joined in, everyone looking at this muppet thinking 'WTF?', embarrassment mounting.
Anyway the guy finished it with 'Fuck Off Alan Ball' - big release of tension, cue lots of laughter.

I remember the Kippax chanting,

"Osgood's no good, Osgood's no good" over and over again...

When he scored he gave us all the "V" sign.

You can see him do this on the relevant video on Bluemoon...

JJ

So we attack the disabled, children and women Evertonians. Just need a few Albino muslim mormon gay catholics and we've got the full set. I know the Liverpoo fans are persecuted but the toffee's can't be far behind.

Oh his name is Colin Bell
And from Bury he did come.
To play for old Joe Mercers team back in division one,
And when you walk down Maine Road you'l always hear us cry.
We are the best team in the land which no one can deny.
Lah La lah and so on,,,,,
And the alternative version:
His name is Georgie Best
And he's a fucking big disgrace
With his bright red handbag and his panties made of lace
And as he waltzes down the wing he gives a little twirl
And curtsies by the corner flag just like a little girl
Etc

I remember the Kippax chanting,

"Osgood's no good, Osgood's no good" over and over again...

When he scored he gave us all the "V" sign.

You can see him do this on the relevant video on Bluemoon...

JJ
That was the 4-1 home defeat iirc. Chelsea fans were shouting Osgood IS good, and we replied with Osgood NO good. Then the bastard scored and he gave the V to the Kippax.

Wasn't it then described on MOTD as a "Reversed Churchillian Gesture"? (And don't reply "oh yes!")

I think around 1968/69 playing Liverpool at home to the tune of Excerpt From A Teenage Opera (fellow older Blues will remember) :

Roger Hunt, Roger Hunt,
Is it true what people say
You are a c--t
Wo wo woah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.