Sony E Books

bluwes

Anyone got one of these. I was thinking of getting her indoors one for Chrissie. I am sick of lugging a suitcase full of books on holiday with us and thought it would be a good idea.

Any thoughts or reviews would be appreciated

bluwes said:
Anyone got one of these. I was thinking of getting her indoors one for Chrissie. I am sick of lugging a suitcase full of books on holiday with us and thought it would be a good idea.

Any thoughts or reviews would be appreciated

Got the misses one. Just put over 300 books onto it. If its a space saver then well worth it. You can also put music on it. I paid £220 from play.com

Got the sony one (PRS - 505) when they first brought it out and they are a great bit of kit. I take mine everywhere. Highly recommended. You can get the books same way you can get music.

Not a fan of Ebooks at the moment, they are overpriced devices, and the ebooks that go onto the devices are very overpriced aswel, on many occasions i have seen digitally produced books more expensive than books that have been printed onto paper.

Avoid buying an Ereader for now until the hype dwindles and they start to retail for respectable prices.

The solution is to buy yourself a Netbook - they come with Wifi, ability to play video/music, basically everything the ereader's cannot do... then install yourself Adode Reader on the netbook.
You'll find Ebooks in the pdf formats to be cheap if not free.
Alternatively: scan the books you currently own onto the netbook?

Ebook readers are a no-no, there are mobile phones that can already read ebooks

SteSteez said:
Not a fan of Ebooks at the moment, they are overpriced devices, and the ebooks that go onto the devices are very overpriced aswel, on many occasions i have seen digitally produced books more expensive than books that have been printed onto paper.

Avoid buying an Ereader for now until the hype dwindles and they start to retail for respectable prices.

The solution is to buy yourself a Netbook - they come with Wifi, ability to play video/music, basically everything the ereader's cannot do... then install yourself Adode Reader on the netbook.

Rubbish
I have both an E book reader and a net book, reading a book on a computer is no where as easy as an E book. The E book once fully charger will last you 7000 page turns, they can play music as well as show photographs, in black and white only, and reading a book on a mobile phone please! The E book can also read PDF format and scan a book onto your computer I can just see you scanning Tom Clancy's latest epic! Get an E book they are worth the price.

smudgedj said:
SteSteez said:

Rubbish
I have both an E book reader and a net book, reading a book on a computer is no where as easy as an E book. The E book once fully charger will last you 7000 page turns, they can play music as well as show photographs, in black and white only, and reading a book on a mobile phone please! The E book can also read PDF format and scan a book onto your computer I can just see you scanning Tom Clancy's latest epic! Get an E book they are worth the price.

Thanks Smudge.
Which one do you have, the pocket one, which is the 300 or the touch, which is the 600 with the expandable memory

bluwes said:
smudgedj said:
Rubbish

Thanks Smudge.
Which one do you have, the pocket one, which is the 300 or the touch, which is the 600 with the expandable memory

I have the first Sony one the PRS 505, it has two slots for expanding memory one SD and one Sony. There is no need to use them as you can store 400+ books on the internal memory.
All my friends, who travel around and do a lot of reading have all bought one after seeing mine. I paid out about £155 for mine but that was a year or so ago. It's one of the most used items I own.

what I do is go to Bury Library and take out a book that takes my fancy then return it when I've read it!!

it's free (might as well ger something out of my council tax?!?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.