Sony E Books

My parents bought a Sony Ebook from a Sony store in August before going away on a six month holiday. I received a parcel in the post about two weeks ago containing the Ebook with a note saying it packed up in October whilst they were in China. I haven't had time to pop it back to the shop yet but I would advise against getting a Sony one.

smudgedj said:
SteSteez said:
Not a fan of Ebooks at the moment, they are overpriced devices, and the ebooks that go onto the devices are very overpriced aswel, on many occasions i have seen digitally produced books more expensive than books that have been printed onto paper.

Avoid buying an Ereader for now until the hype dwindles and they start to retail for respectable prices.

The solution is to buy yourself a Netbook - they come with Wifi, ability to play video/music, basically everything the ereader's cannot do... then install yourself Adode Reader on the netbook.
You'll find Ebooks in the pdf formats to be cheap if not free.
Alternatively: scan the books you currently own onto the netbook?

Ebook readers are a no-no, there are mobile phones that can already read ebooks

Rubbish
I have both an E book reader and a net book, reading a book on a computer is no where as easy as an E book. The E book once fully charger will last you 7000 page turns, they can play music as well as show photographs, in black and white only, and reading a book on a mobile phone please! The E book can also read PDF format and scan a book onto your computer I can just see you scanning Tom Clancy's latest epic! Get an E book they are worth the price.

Rubbish that the books are overpriced? that the actual hardware is overpriced aswel?

As mentioned "ereaders" are relatively new to the general consumer and thus have the "hype tax" that surrounds new devices. these devices that cost £10 to produce in china are retailing for extortionate prices over here, and the actual Ebooks.. well as mentioned they are more expensive on alot of occasions than actual paper published books.

Rip-off, avoid until greedy publishers start to lower the prices of ebooks. or just irc channel ebooks ;)

SteSteez said:
smudgedj said:
Rubbish
I have both an E book reader and a net book, reading a book on a computer is no where as easy as an E book. The E book once fully charger will last you 7000 page turns, they can play music as well as show photographs, in black and white only, and reading a book on a mobile phone please! The E book can also read PDF format and scan a book onto your computer I can just see you scanning Tom Clancy's latest epic! Get an E book they are worth the price.

Rubbish that the books are overpriced? that the actual hardware is overpriced aswel?

As mentioned "ereaders" are relatively new to the general consumer and thus have the "hype tax" that surrounds new devices. these devices that cost £10 to produce in china are retailing for extortionate prices over here, and the actual Ebooks.. well as mentioned they are more expensive on alot of occasions than actual paper published books.

Rip-off, avoid until greedy publishers start to lower the prices of ebooks. or just irc channel ebooks ;)

The OP wasn't about the E Readers being over priced, you may think they are over priced, other people don't.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page</a>

30000 ebooks there for the curious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.