Sony TV notice

CC1

I just got this notice on my Sony TV. anyone know what it means

Notice of termination of functions

We have decided to discontinue the following functions on this device as of April 2024. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Screen casting to the TV from YouTube and Netflix apps
  • Network content in broadcast categories, and video categories such as YouTube in the Discover screen

Looks like Sony do this periodically having just googled it.

My hunch is that there are some legal contractual obligations to stop these from working.

Screen casting is where you can "mirror" your phone/tablet on your TV over the wifi connection.

I dont know what the Discover screen is to be able to comment on that one.

Reactions: CC1
The first bit seems pretty obvious. The second bit is probably saying the TV won’t be allowing youtube videos flagged under certain categories but it’s a bit vague.

Looks like Sony do this periodically having just googled it.

My hunch is that there are some legal contractual obligations to stop these from working.

Screen casting is where you can "mirror" your phone/tablet on your TV over the wifi connection.

I dont know what the Discover screen is to be able to comment on that one.
I think it’s the Home page which searches for content from loaded apps and highlights it for viewers but I’ll need to check that.

Edit: If it’s an Android TV then it seems to be just that.

Kick its back doors in and set fire to it. If that is too drastic, put it in Sleep Mode and leave it on a train where someone will no doubt give it a slap.

Thanks for your help. Thought they were just trying to get me to buy a new TV :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.