Soooo, who is the best striker in the world?

Samuel Eto'o is the best striker since Ronaldo played. He's still quality too. Scored 37 goals in 48 games last season in a league where most top scorers don't score 20 goals.

Messi and CRonaldo do spend some time during games in the no9 position and they're the best players in the world. But are they pure strikers or no9's?

Messi and Ronaldo are the best, you can argue they are not strikers but as mentioned they score more than anyone so surely are strikers.

Of the rest, Dzeko is quickly looking like he might be up there. Rooney, Tevez, Ibrahimovic, Gomez, Villa, Aguero, Rossi, and Eto'o are all in or around the upper bracket. Torres is no longer a top 10 or even top 30 striker as his "drop in form" will soon have lasted two seasons if he doesn't find it again. I also find Van Persie to be very overrated, he seems to miss 8 good chances for every goal he scores.

Messi, barca play him as a striker, they even moved Villa out wide so Messi can play there.

Messi
Ronaldo
Tevez

Much as I hate to say it Shrek is right up there now. A couple of seasons ago I thought he was over-hyped a tad but not now (unfortunately).

Andy Carroll. N'Gog a close second.

The thing about Messi is you could pick any attacking position and he'd be the best in the world at it, so you have to go with Messi.

not sure of the order but tevez and aguero are certainly in the top 5 and dzeko is in the top 10

mammyjam said:
not sure of the order but tevez and aguero are certainly in the top 5 and dzeko is in the top 10
We do not have 2 players in the top 5. That is severely overrating our own and underrating the rest at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.