Sorry to say it, but I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lordeffingham said:
Kaka may be a risky buy accepted, but we need creative midfield/attack minded cover for whenever we are without Silva and as Madrid are for whatever reason impressed with Ade, why not take a gamble on him, he knows he fucked up going there and we aren't short on the money front?

Naive. We ARE short on the money front now the FFPR have come in. We can no longer afford to gamble on a player. Either we make a conservative purchase on a player we don't know the future on, or we spend money on a player who is a good bet already for adjusting. Kaka would probably be about the most expensive gamble we could possibly make. Real would certainly ask for at least £40m for him...

Sorry to say this as I generally agree with your posts but I think if you were wrong before, you are more wrong now.

Some points have been covered by others but two points I'd specifically deal with; "He has also failed completely to adapt his Italian style and mentality into the Premier league, failing to realise that scoring goals far outweighs the failing to concede aspect and that when you are only one goal up in the Premiership, you are always on the edge of a precipice" - you could turn that argument around and say that if you fail to concede, you don't need to score many to win. Having said that, the premise that we are defensive is itself wrong. We have scored more goals than Spurs who are generally held out to be an attacking team.

Secondly, "we have too often been let down as a team by one or two regular underperformers and fullbacks who can either defend or attack, but other than Zabaleta, none of the others are capable of both" - Micah is having his best season for years and chipping in with some quality goals. Kolorov has had little time to adapt but is beginning to look like what I was expecting and has begun chipping in with the odd goal. Our defensive record overall is excellent. 2nd best in the league if my calculations are correct, so they must be doing something right. Lescott has impoved immeasurably given a run in the team, Vinnie is having his best season and Boateng simply hasn't had enough time either at the club or in his favoured position. Zabaleta, much as I love him and would keep him, is not as effective as he should be in advanced positions being unable to shoot or put in a vicious swinging cross.

For what it's worth, I think we are progressing. Frustratingly slowly but progressing nonetheless. The last thing we need is to tear it up and start again.

Lordeffingham said:
I am not happy to say this and am surprised I'm having to admit this but I was obviously wrong in many assumptions I made and points I have stressed previously in support of Roberto Mancini.

I stand by the fact he is a genuinely decent and fair minded manager who has ability in certain aspects of 'big player' man management, however he has as far as I'm concerned used the same excuses once too often.

He has also failed completely to adapt his Italian style and mentality into the Premier league, failing to realise that scoring goals far outweighs the failing to concede aspect and that when you are only one goal up in the Premiership, you are always on the edge of a precipice.

He has allowed his negativity to staunch the free flowing footbal we have seen glimpses of and we now, almost every game control possession, but from our own back four.

Silva, Tevez, Johnson and dzeko are all very adept, clever and classy players, who if given a speedy service, rag like, will run riot together, but with the defensive minded and pedestrian build up we are now used to every week, teams must be sighing in relief as we break so slowly they never have to break a sweat to regain their defensive ranks when being disspossessed in our half.

The style of footbal we are seeing may well work a treat in Italy, but it doesn't get a good enough return for any team playing so conservatively to gain enough momentum to be challenging for top spot.

The lunacy in taking such a massive gamble on Balotelli when Dzeko was available is bewildering and almost points to Roberto trying to demonstrate with his continued support of him, and that he was right all along in showing Balo such faith. I don't doubt he has some magicaal ability somewhere, but his inconsistency does not fit in with any team wanting long term success and stability at the top.

The gamble was absolutely unneccesary and ultimately cost us any real chance we had in the Europa league. It was a very bad managerial decision and Mancini was 100% responsible for this major error.

We have fallen back slightly having been poised at one stage to give the title a real go, but I feel we have too often been let down as a team by one or two regular underperformers and fullbacks who can either defend or attack, but other than Zabaleta, none of the others are capable of both.

Tevez going through a drought has been the main difference between us doing well and us performing poorly, but as has been said time and time again, we are and have been too over-reliant on his goalscoring contributions.

Dzeko is for me a very good striker who is improving game by game and I'm sure will aleviate a lot of our striking inbalance, but he still needs a little more time to adapt.

Kaka is on the radar and if we buy him, another creative midfielder like Silva and at least one top class fullback, we might be getting closer to our holy grail, though I'm fully expecting both Tevez and Mancini to be gone before July.

Mourinho I expect will, once Real Madrid get smashed in the Quarter finals of the Champions league, be ready to leave Spain and get back to the land of milk and honey, surely he can only really see us as a genuine chance of getting himself and his Club to the very pinnacle of World football he craves. I don't think he would have left Madrid and doubt they would sack him so soon, but after the incident with the lunatic with the knife, England must seem a far safer place to live and work.

I think we will probably win the FA Cup, and that will be fantastic, but fear the worst for Mancini, I would now fully accept I was wrong in the blind faith I have shown in him and assume most City fans would rather see a more adveturous and attacking minded display for the Great team we all want to see take us forward.

Errors and an obsession with clean sheets is not what I would expect or plan for if I had the money and vision to invest in the way Sheikh Mansour has, and though he isn't maybe as knowledgable as some when it comes to football, we all get our real excitement from attacking and scoring goals.

For Roberto the writing is surely now on the wall, shame.

This.

I wonder how the owners are going to react to this seasons record of 5th in the PL, losing Semi-finalist's in the FA cup and last 16 of the Europa League?

Lordeffingham said:
I am not happy to say this and am surprised I'm having to admit this but I was obviously wrong in many assumptions I made and points I have stressed previously in support of Roberto Mancini.

I stand by the fact he is a genuinely decent and fair minded manager who has ability in certain aspects of 'big player' man management, however he has as far as I'm concerned used the same excuses once too often.

He has also failed completely to adapt his Italian style and mentality into the Premier league, failing to realise that scoring goals far outweighs the failing to concede aspect and that when you are only one goal up in the Premiership, you are always on the edge of a precipice.

He has allowed his negativity to staunch the free flowing footbal we have seen glimpses of and we now, almost every game control possession, but from our own back four.

Silva, Tevez, Johnson and dzeko are all very adept, clever and classy players, who if given a speedy service, rag like, will run riot together, but with the defensive minded and pedestrian build up we are now used to every week, teams must be sighing in relief as we break so slowly they never have to break a sweat to regain their defensive ranks when being disspossessed in our half.

The style of footbal we are seeing may well work a treat in Italy, but it doesn't get a good enough return for any team playing so conservatively to gain enough momentum to be challenging for top spot.

The lunacy in taking such a massive gamble on Balotelli when Dzeko was available is bewildering and almost points to Roberto trying to demonstrate with his continued support of him, and that he was right all along in showing Balo such faith. I don't doubt he has some magicaal ability somewhere, but his inconsistency does not fit in with any team wanting long term success and stability at the top.

The gamble was absolutely unneccesary and ultimately cost us any real chance we had in the Europa league. It was a very bad managerial decision and Mancini was 100% responsible for this major error.

We have fallen back slightly having been poised at one stage to give the title a real go, but I feel we have too often been let down as a team by one or two regular underperformers and fullbacks who can either defend or attack, but other than Zabaleta, none of the others are capable of both.

Tevez going through a drought has been the main difference between us doing well and us performing poorly, but as has been said time and time again, we are and have been too over-reliant on his goalscoring contributions.

Dzeko is for me a very good striker who is improving game by game and I'm sure will aleviate a lot of our striking inbalance, but he still needs a little more time to adapt.

Kaka is on the radar and if we buy him, another creative midfielder like Silva and at least one top class fullback, we might be getting closer to our holy grail, though I'm fully expecting both Tevez and Mancini to be gone before July.

Mourinho I expect will, once Real Madrid get smashed in the Quarter finals of the Champions league, be ready to leave Spain and get back to the land of milk and honey, surely he can only really see us as a genuine chance of getting himself and his Club to the very pinnacle of World football he craves. I don't think he would have left Madrid and doubt they would sack him so soon, but after the incident with the lunatic with the knife, England must seem a far safer place to live and work.

I think we will probably win the FA Cup, and that will be fantastic, but fear the worst for Mancini, I would now fully accept I was wrong in the blind faith I have shown in him and assume most City fans would rather see a more adveturous and attacking minded display for the Great team we all want to see take us forward.

Errors and an obsession with clean sheets is not what I would expect or plan for if I had the money and vision to invest in the way Sheikh Mansour has, and though he isn't maybe as knowledgable as some when it comes to football, we all get our real excitement from attacking and scoring goals.

For Roberto the writing is surely now on the wall, shame.
Birdseye already produce an ample supply of waffle!

Chick Counterfly said:
What are you going to say if we win at Chelsea? Let alone win the semi?

He's at the crossroads. This could be the beginning of the end, or the advantage we need to finish top 3 and win the cup.

The guy has not had a complete season from August to May. Most would say that yer need a couple of full seasons - not that many get it these days - but Mancini's influence at MCFC?
Reminds me of Mao-Zhedong's view of the consequences of the French Revolution - too early to say! He needs another season! I think I'll repeat that quietly - HE NEEDS ANOTHER SEASON!

Mancini has screwed it by retaining Viera and trying to convert Toure
into an attacking midfield player.
Viera is past his sell by date, far too slow.
Ya Ya, well I dont know what to make of him.
Seem's content to pay the short ball, once or twice only during a game
will he burst forward.
We needed to buy a box to box midfielder in January.

This is where we (Mancini) have fallen down.

BLUEYdogg said:
KaKa really the guy knees are worse than RSC.lol we already over work the Physio department lets just give Mancini time. The team played well tonight if he can tame Mario we could win big.

ffs FA Cup semi with Man Utd falling apart with injuries..No Fergie on the dugout.. 7 points behind with Chelsea firing Blanks, Arsenal injuries building up and moral low. The rags as explained, we are the ones now that can have a fresh team. beat Chelsea and then Liverpool and the rags in the semi...and maybe we have the strength in depth to take the main prize.

CTID

ill have a pint of what your drinking!!!

modgeblue said:
BLUEYdogg said:
KaKa really the guy knees are worse than RSC.lol we already over work the Physio department lets just give Mancini time. The team played well tonight if he can tame Mario we could win big.

ffs FA Cup semi with Man Utd falling apart with injuries..No Fergie on the dugout.. 7 points behind with Chelsea firing Blanks, Arsenal injuries building up and moral low. The rags as explained, we are the ones now that can have a fresh team. beat Chelsea and then Liverpool and the rags in the semi...and maybe we have the strength in depth to take the main prize.

CTID

ill have a pint of what your drinking!!!
I've already contacted Rowntrees and Ambrosia to warn of the predicted extra demand for their products in the next few months!

Kaka is done. Even the Real Madrid folks are talking of selling him to us for £30 m and that it'd be a total rip off. His knee is gone for good, he won't ever be the player he was with Milan. Buying him would be the most stupid waste of money ever.

Wreckless Alec said:
Sorry to say this as I generally agree with your posts but I think if you were wrong before, you are more wrong now.

Some points have been covered by others but two points I'd specifically deal with; "He has also failed completely to adapt his Italian style and mentality into the Premier league, failing to realise that scoring goals far outweighs the failing to concede aspect and that when you are only one goal up in the Premiership, you are always on the edge of a precipice" - you could turn that argument around and say that if you fail to concede, you don't need to score many to win. Having said that, the premise that we are defensive is itself wrong. We have scored more goals than Spurs who are generally held out to be an attacking team.

Secondly, "we have too often been let down as a team by one or two regular underperformers and fullbacks who can either defend or attack, but other than Zabaleta, none of the others are capable of both" - Micah is having his best season for years and chipping in with some quality goals. Kolorov has had little time to adapt but is beginning to look like what I was expecting and has begun chipping in with the odd goal. Our defensive record overall is excellent. 2nd best in the league if my calculations are correct, so they must be doing something right. Lescott has impoved immeasurably given a run in the team, Vinnie is having his best season and Boateng simply hasn't had enough time either at the club or in his favoured position. Zabaleta, much as I love him and would keep him, is not as effective as he should be in advanced positions being unable to shoot or put in a vicious swinging cross.

For what it's worth, I think we are progressing. Frustratingly slowly but progressing nonetheless. The last thing we need is to tear it up and start again.
excellent post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.