Sorted a discount for blues at The Irish Rover in Copenhagen

bitterblue

I have been in contact with the owner of The irish Rover in copenhagen. A lad from Prestwich works behind the bar in there and gave Johno(the owner) my email. I believe he does similar for other british teams when playing in Copenhagen. I have got loads of blues that i know to go in there when we play there. if any of you bluemooners want to join us you are welcome. Have heard good reports about the place.

Here is the correspondence:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:14:32 +0100

Hi Paul,
My name is Jono,i run The Irish Rover Bar in Copenhagen and i got your name and e-mail of Chris Church,not sure if you know him but he knowns a mate of yours.
I am writing to you to say that you guys will be very welcome at the Rover and i would like to offer you some deals.
A pint of larger/ Carlsberg in the Rover is 48kr
Your price 35kr
Guinness,Magners,imports. 49kr - 54kr
Your PRICE 40kr

We can also offer a discount on food!!
Rambiling rover burger with chips and a pint or soda normal price 148kr your price 120kr

Beef and Guinness pie or Steak and Kidney with chips normal price 147kr your price and a pint or Soda 120kr

The Irish Rover BIG Breakfast with Tea or coffee or a pint normal price 147kr your price 120kr

Thats just some rough idea,s and suggestions.
If you have any idea,s yourself it would be much appriceated.
It would be great if you could let the lads know and spread the word.
The Rover IS situated Half way Down the walking street (strøget) on the left hand side.
we have 2 floors and 2 bars with a pool table and dart boards.
A big screen and 8 flatscreens for watching yhe games,we also have a smoking room and outside seatign for smoking or taking it easy.
For you guys arriving the easiest way into town from the airport is by Metro that will take you to norreport station,cost around 33kr each or Train that will take you to Central staion 33kr.
If you have any questions about Copenhagen or the Rover please do not Hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.
All The Best Jono

Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 7:57 PM
Subject: RE:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Johno

First of all thanks for getting in touch. I dont know Chris, but know some of his mates, I may have met him in the past. Thanks for the discount, the Lager works out about £4.20 in sterling, was hoping it would be around £3.50, if you could drop it a bit more it would be most appreciated. Would it be a case of the more in there the cheaper it coud be? I know the pound is not very strong, but heres hoping. When i came over for the midjteland game, it was nearly 10 Krona to the pound, its around 7.50 now.

Anyway, i reckon i can get 100+ in there off my own bat, and then more would follow when they see the bar is full of blues and the word goes around that the beer is cheaper. Your bar looks great, I've looked at your website, and a few reds and england fans have told me they had a good time in there. What are your bottle prices? I know quite a few lads drink bottles, to pace themselves. What are your opening times? You know people will probably have a wander as well. Myself and a lot of City fans will be there for the one night, but there are quite a few coming on the wed and some going home sat. Will they still be ok for the discount on those days.

If you like, I could put your info on a few Man City forums, explaining the discount you are willing to give to city fans. Let me know.

Once again, thanks Johno for getting in touch and the discounts. Thanks for the travel info, am sure that will come in most useful on the day. How far is the ground from your place? Is it easy to get to? Looking forward to meeting you and your staff and having a good drink, a laugh and a City win or at least a draw. See you about dinnertime on the 19th.

Regards Paul(Holty)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Paul,
I was away for a few days thats way im only getting back to you now.
Thanks for the reply and yes we will drop the price of larger to 32kr a pint!! that should suit everybody.
Bottles of tuborg or carlsberg to 22kr that should be around 2.50pound hope thats ok!
We open everyday at 10am but we are ther from 9am untill late....
The DISCOUNT will be aslong as they stay.
To walk to the ground would take around 30-45 mins say an hour to be safe or you can get the bus from norreport staion 10mins from the Rover and 10 mins on the bus.
Thier is lots of bars on the way and it would be good craic outside the stadium before the game they have beer trucks and bars outside the ground.
Most of the FCK fans are good craic and no trouble they like to welcome Brittish teams over (most of them support Brittish teams)
If you could put the info on the Man City Forums i would appreciated.
See you next week for a pint and thanks again!

Best Regards.
Jono

I think they are decent prices for downtown Copenhagen.

This is the website http <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theirishrover.dk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.theirishrover.dk</a>

Corky said:
£4 a pint is better than £6 a pint.
Be havin a few in there .Do you think the other Irish / English bars will follow suit to get us all to drink in there places ? Hope so.

Cheers Bitterblue nice work.

I'll be there from around 6 on Wednesday ( flight permitting ) This should hopefully force the hand of other bars to lower there prices if they wanna attract the custom.
Anyone know where there place actually is from Cabbinn City hotel which is near Tivoli Square. Assume its walkin distance.

didsburyblu said:
Cheers Bitterblue nice work.

I'll be there from around 6 on Wednesday ( flight permitting ) This should hopefully force the hand of other bars to lower there prices if they wanna attract the custom.
Anyone know where there place actually is from Cabbinn City hotel which is near Tivoli Square. Assume its walkin distance.

See OP on the Copenhagen: Pubs, info and plan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.