South America

cptaidan88

Just booked flights to go next year. Its gonna cost a fair chunk of change as I'm not willing to slum it in hostels anymore.

Rough itinerary is;

Peru: Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu
Chile: Santiago
Argentina: Buenos Aires
Uruguay: Montevideo
Brazil: Rio de Janeiro

Aiming to do the big touristy things in each place, and hopefully a bit of football.

Has anyone got any recommendations? I'm a bit stretched for time so wont be able to fit in the likes of Arequipa/lake Titicaca, or explore much of Chile. Hoping to be able to fit in Iguazu falls though.

Just booked flights to go next year. Its gonna cost a fair chunk of change as I'm not willing to slum it in hostels anymore.

Rough itinerary is;

Peru: Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu
Chile: Santiago
Argentina: Buenos Aires
Uruguay: Montevideo
Brazil: Rio de Janeiro

Aiming to do the big touristy things in each place, and hopefully a bit of football.

Has anyone got any recommendations? I'm a bit stretched for time so wont be able to fit in the likes of Arequipa/lake Titicaca, or explore much of Chile. Hoping to be able to fit in Iguazu falls though.
It'll take at least two days to do Iguaçu; one day for the brazilian side and another for the argentinian side. The Argentinian side is more impressive than the Brazilian side.

My advice for Chile is spend more time in Valparaiso than Santiago. Its smaller and more geared towards tourists.

If you like the outdoors, near Santiago is the Valle de Maipo which has loads of walking,rafting,glaciers etc. depending on the time of year you'll be there.

Message me if you want more info on it, lived there a while back so can help you with stuff.

Dunno if it's too late for you to adapt your plans, but the Salar de Uyuni tours are great, feels like a different planet.

Also no sure how you're planning on travelling between places, but i'd take the ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia in Uruguay, before going on to Montevideo.

And i'd limit your time in Lima, if you're on a tight time schedule there's way better places visit.

Anyone recommend Rio?

Would love to go in December/ January time which is their summer period.

Do you need jabs?

Best bit of advice I ever got was from a guy on here who told to get some altitude sickness tablets before we went to Peru.
Got them from an online drug store, took the recommended dose four days before arriving and whilst at altitude. Me and Mrs sf were the only ones not ill with it.

Dunno if it's too late for you to adapt your plans, but the Salar de Uyuni tours are great, feels like a different planet.

Also no sure how you're planning on travelling between places, but i'd take the ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia in Uruguay, before going on to Montevideo.

And i'd limit your time in Lima, if you're on a tight time schedule there's way better places visit.

Cheers. Flying between most but aiming to go on the ferry to Montevideo and saw that via Colonia was an option. Will try to make sure I fit that in.

My flight to Lima is fixed and my flight home from Rio is fixed. Other than that I'm piecing it together at the minute. Appreciating the suggestions.

My advice for Chile is spend more time in Valparaiso than Santiago. Its smaller and more geared towards tourists.

If you like the outdoors, near Santiago is the Valle de Maipo which has loads of walking,rafting,glaciers etc. depending on the time of year you'll be there.

Message me if you want more info on it, lived there a while back so can help you with stuff.

I am told there is loads to see and do in Chile, so I may have to head back for a separate trip, but I think I'm going to limited to about 48hrs in Santiago, and part of the reason for going there is that its the Hub of a budget airline (Sky).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.