south stand

People can talk about an Ultras group until they go blue in the face, someone had an outline for one and posted it here, it sounded good and what happened... nothing!

If there are fans serious enough to start one then please do it. It might only take 100 fans to start off with. If there is one loud constant focal point in the stadium others WILL join in, I have seen it. I'm a singer but am not the type of person who could start an Ultras group and there are probably many like me, but we would play follow the leader. The best hope might be the Blue Alliance upping their operation because I just can't see a new group emerging out of nowhere.

uwerosler28 said:
all your excuses for lack of atmosphere are now void tonight exactly the same number of fans in exactly the same part of the ground managed to vocally back their team constantly for 90 min without moaning that the home fans were behind the goal or their other singers were too far away or any other lame excuse !

I normally sit in the south stand but had to move for tonight and sat in block b,opposite the south stand behind the corner flag the opposite side from the tunnel- it was fuckin shite,people around me didn't even shout or encourage,never mind fuckin sing.
Sometimes it winds me up how quiet it can be in the south stand but where I was tonight takes the piss.listen I know we weren't as good as we would of liked tonight but surely when the ground is bouncing it inspires our players??
By the way 43,000 it shit for a big,big champs league match in my opinion.
Anyway let's hope they can turn it roun-beat Ajax home n away and real at home and we will be through -keep the faith and sing your bollocks off next time you boring b------s!!

There will never be an atmosphere like that tonight at all games until there is an Ultra's group that is set up and placed in the middle of the stand.

The Blue Alliance lads do a great job and they look like they have a great game but they aren't an ultra's group who sing non stop whatever the occasion for 90 mins, they are just normal lads who like a sing song and they have improved away atmosphere's but at home it is impossible.

Imagine those Dortmund fans were City fans tonight, they would get the whole stadium going and our place would be rocking week in week out.

But it is never going to happen because it's not in our culture and people here see Ultra's as some kind of cringey smalltime shit yet sit and watch for 90 mins european fans jump up and down having fun everytime we play someone at home.

I used to worry about the attendances and atmosphere every week and it used to do my head in, i don't give a shit any more as it will never change.

bluebannana said:
mcfc2607 said:
akcity said:
Ok some need educating on here...

there were a lot of strangers in the South Stand tonight, including kids.

City should revert to letting Seasoncard holders claim their own seat regardless of whether they are in the cup scheme or not.

The demographic between the 2 sets of fans was so different. City fans in the South Stand was a mixture of young and old, male and female, regulars and strangers.

The Germans were 99% male, generally mid 20's to mid 30's and majority on the ale all day.

Of course they will be more boisterous.

And like I have said on here before, why can't anyone else sing?

Can't the East Stand, West Stand and Ronald MacDonald Stand sing?

Even when the South Stand and Singing Section sang no fucker joined in!
this.

everyone moaning about the southstand Get off your arses and sing yourself. From the left of the dugout up to the north stand I don't think I have ever seen you lot sing, apart from when we score. And around me was full of kids taking pictures and moaning bastards who I have never seen before. I only recognised about 5 people around my seat.

mate try singing in the north stand with a stand full of kids. Your in the south stand where for most of the your stood up with most of the singers there, people are gonna moan when you dont sing.

I understand your point about the kids etc... But what about the rest of the stands why dont they sing.

Sat in 216 tonight, 1 row from the back and it was shit atmosphere wise. Had an old guy near me telling everyone to sit down. I know not everyone wants to stand but why buy tickets next to the away fans if you want to sit down? Fuck off to somewhere else instead next time!!

passion priced out.

Someone the other day got it dead right saying that fan profiles have changed due to pricing of tickets etc.

It is a downhill slope from now on.

Too many boring twats moaning and tapping you on the shoulder stopped me bothering singing in the 2nd tier.

You cannot sing whilst sat fucking down.

ticket prices have stopped most of the real nutter's that we have from going because they simply just cannot afford it any more.I also think weather conditions and people dashing from work also play apart and some people do not have the energy to sing or make much noise.

mmadave1 said:
ticket prices have stopped most of the real nutter's that we have from going because they simply just cannot afford it any more.I also think weather conditions and people dashing from work also play apart and some people do not have the energy to sing or make much noise.

It rains in Germany as well.

Dortmund get the 1st 3 CL games free if season ticket holder as well as cheaper tickets.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D</a>

1: Fan Location. We need a guaranteed end where you go if you want to participate in constant team backing like Dortmund/Poznan/Aris and here will be safe standing rails, like at Dortmund

2: Lower ticketing in this section. no fucking coincidence that they sell out 80k stadium. it's cheaper to watch games in the Bundesliga. Cheaper tickets = less middleclass types who wouldn't even whisper nevermind chant.

3: Organisation. Using Bluemoon,Facebook,Twitter we can organise fans. We need choreographers to actually get chants going... With loudspeakers to get their voices heard. With a Drummer next to this Choreographer.

This needs to be condoned by the club... Fucking showsec telling us in 109 to sit every 5mins, plus the singers like me are all surrounded by tourists who are more interested in taking pics of Joe Harts hairstyle than singing.

We all need to be organised like an Army and put together, all behind the goal... FOR A FULL SEASON.
Not one or two games.

Safe standing needs introducing over here, lower ticketing costs for these seasons.... We can be louder, it's just the football club and authorities don't embrace football fan culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.