Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

I'm very excited for city...but what you are saying makes no sense in terms of TODAY'S game.

Quite simply, the game opened up because kompany scored from a set piece. Going down 0-1 like this forced the saints to come out of the gates. My point is that you cannot always depend on opening games up in such circumstances(city have never scored reliably from corners/set pieces except maybe direct free kicks from yaya), and the joy of winning 3-0 should not overshadow the glaring need to be realistic about city's big problems breaking defensive teams down from open play.

Good result, great day for kompany and the fans, but largely papering over some huge cracks from prior to the vinny goal.

On the positive note, given the defense looked more solid and some big games are coming up against more attacking teams, hopefully that means city will be afforded the space to hurt the likes of arsenal and the rags...Vinny needs to stay fit until the end of the season mind.

Huge ? We're far from perfect, but i don't see these huge cracks you mention. I see moments of sloppiness
in both penalty areas, but overall a totally professional performance in beating a side that were unbeaten in 5.

Jeez u come across as angry. I disagree with u. It aint a penalty in my eyes...it also doesnt matter we won...but the player diesnt even appeal and the keeper gets the ball first ( its alzo imoossible for the keeper to avoid contact)

I choose to believe sane over the fans sat in the stand. He will know whay contact there was.

If it makes u feel any better my initial reactiin was penalty but once i watched it again i believr the ref got it right. You clearly dont and im fine witj you having a different opinion

You idiot, I never gave my opinion. I quoted what you said which was that if it was an outfield player it would be a penalty. You've still not explained why just because it's a keeper you now don't think it's a penalty. Keeper or outfield player it makes no difference to the actual written rules, so stop making shit up.

Im not saying the rules are different but they are interpreted differently (wrongly but all the time) when a keeper is involved.

The ref that gave the feedback on the highlights i just saw also said that the ref had to be sure to give a penalty and if he wasn't then it was the right decision not to give a penalty (even though his point of view having watched the video numerous times was that it was a penalty). He said it was a "grey one" (i.e. very difficult to decide) and therefore the ref was right not to give it as it wasn't clear cut.

The players reaction says it all to me....Sane says it wasn't a penalty nor did he appeal at the time.

The goal keeper gets a touch (that is undeniable) but he cant exactly then suddenly get out of the way/he cant disappear so there is going to be contact but that comes after the ball has been touched.

I not believe the Clichy one was a penalty either just so you know

ok, well if you've watched the explanation you now know it's a pen and you were wrong, like the ref. I never said it wasn't a tuff one for the ref, merely that it was a wrong call. Which it was without doubt, according to the rules. Refs must have been sure then when Luke shaw tripped himself or Ashley young pirouette'd repeatedly to win numerous penalties then... wake up and smell the coffee!

Players reactions mean nothing, there's plenty of incidents where players make no claim and pens are given. Or when players surround a ref and no pen is given. It's not even a factor in it.

As for the keeper getting a touch, it shows you don't understand the rules of 2nd phase. Surprising as graham poll explained it clearly and you've now seen it. So wrong again there. Watch again and maybe listen fully....

The only difference in the Clichy incident is, after the ball is played it's out of Friminos reach, unlike Sane who would have shot/scored. So Sane had a goal scoring chance taken away from him in the 2nd phase, hence a pen. Unlike Frimino, who wouldn't have got to the ball.

You sure about that? Personally I have my doubts after this season.

Haha, judging by the rules City have played this season definitely not. Our players could be taken out with a chainsaw round the neck and we would get booked for diving.

Sublime pass.

We've scored two wonderful team goals in the last week from different ends of the spectrum in terms of speed of build up but both great demonstrations of how things are developing.

At one point Mr Glen Hoddle questioned why Bravo was playing it out from the back and risking things as he put it because and i quote, "its not like they are going to create a goal from it is it"

Well Actually Glen, that's exactly what we do and did just last week with every player being involved but its lost on him and far too many others including on here.

At one point Mr Glen Hoddle questioned why Bravo was playing it out from the back and risking things as he put it because and i quote, "its not like they are going to create a goal from it is it"

Well Actually Glen, that's exactly what we do and did just last week with every player being involved but its lost on him and far too many others including on here.

Apparently the gap between risk and reward is too great.
Looks like it's not THAT great, after all.

It was a very pleasant day out. The sun was shining, there was lovely scenery on the A34, and what a friendly reception by the police, stewards, and locals at the ground.

I couldn't give a stuff about a penalty decision, as it matters not one jot as we won comfortably, and we weren't bothered about it in the ground at the time, so who cares?

I'm not, and neither were those around me as it wasn't mentioned.

I'm thinking which is the friendlier ground to visit, Sunderland or Southampton?

It's a tough call.

Good point about the reception etc. We were surprised to find ourselves sat basically next to Saints' fans, there was a low barrier in between seats. They were fine though. City supporters behind us were lauging and joking with Police at one point.

Getting there is a doddle from South Oxfordshire so I'm pleased that I went.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.