Southampton (A) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could be another very frustrating 11 men behind the ball defensive performance from Southampton, so a sharp start and early goal would be great. Love to break all those records and win today.

A combination of the highest scoring team in Premier League history and no love lost between Hughes and the already relegated Stoke players might not make Southampton going down as impossible as it sounds.

It’ll be interesting to see how Southampton approach the game. They’re a far better side than their league position suggests, and have some good attacking players in the likes of Tadic, Redmond etc. I’m not sure they’re particularly well suited to putting eleven men behind the ball and shutting up shop. They tried that when they were 2-0 up against Chelsea and it backfired massively. Just inviting us on to them is a risky strategy.

Clueless talks about a professional performance, that suggests another version of how they played and I use played with trepidation at our place.

Time wasting from the first minute, rolling around, snide fouls, flat back 10 etc.

Oh for a foreign manager.

The comical decisions will be there for all to see today. No one except us, wants us to get the ton points. They know it will never happen again again, so don’t want us mentioned all the time as record breakers.
Hughes will adopt the Huddersfield tactic of 8 in an around the box at all times and let us have the ball. It’s going to be one of those frustrating games yet again, where the opposition know it’s attack v defence training.

Really hope we put out our best 11 for this.

I want to see Silva, KDB, Sane and Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.