Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Mendy had another poor game.
He is our weakest link by far.
The rags will target him next week if he plays for sure.
Delph is by far a better option.

Peg putting martial on mendy to target him, only to realise martial doesn’t track back, would be suicide, so I hope he does it!

Not disputing that if he booted the ball there was no option.

But I think that the whistle had not been blown yet.

Splitting hairs I know (not something that the ref can do), but that was my take on it. Will need to see it back.

Sergio just saw his arse and kicked it out, it was silly and an obvious booking, I thought when he was moaning at the end that he was gonna talk himself into a 2nd yellow.
Roll on next week and another sick swan.

CTID

Southampton had a good few chances and missed all of them. Our defence is rarely tested as we are so often on the offensive, but when they are under the cosh I think we can be vulnerable.

Really seemed the intensity dropped a bit once we got 3 goals clear and allowed Soton more space than we normally allow. But to be fair to them they tried to get at us and that's also partly why we were able to get through them so easily.

Could have beem more than 6 but if we are "sloppy" like that on wednesday I think it would cost us. Good job Pep will make sure we are properly at it.

Must have been the grouping that got me ;-)
We are absolutely blessed to have the three of them but when Raz starts on the right and Sane on the left we have a beautiful symmetry to our play. Sanes pace and left foot allows us to make the pitch even wider giving room to the two silvas to further exploit and weave their magic.
The combination of Sane, Aguero (Jesus) Sterling is formidable.
The skill, balance and pace is awesome.

That was the best 25 minutes I've seen us play, it was ruthless hunting down with great finishing even for th OG.

2nd half was frustrating we could have scored 5 more but could easily have conceded a few.

Sterling has definitely grown up & is now showing the lead, he will still have his doubters but f... them all he is going to be a City legend.

Dino again class & Laporte just gets better.

That first 20 minutes is amongst the best I can remember in my 30 years of following City. I actually felt sorry for Southampton momentarily but then remembered Clueless is their manager and that passed.

Cannot wait for next Sunday, still owe them from April

Maybe not such a bad thing for the no goals conceded run to finish this week. If we were going into the derby with a record to break/equal I could see the rags putting a spanner in the works.

We should have had double figures today..we created so many chances but didn't take them.
We relaxed after the 3 rd goal and let Southampton off the hook but we really looked like we could have scored anytime we needed too.
Eddie fucked up for the penalty but he made up for it with a couple of very good saves.
Mendy gave the ball away a few times but going forward he's a beast and causes havoc with his crossing.
Stones and Laporte look so good and calm.
Walker had a good game too.
Fern as always was great.
The Silva's, Sane, Kun were fantastic but Sterling was outstanding today..what a player he is.
Delph is a great player to have in the squad and Phil looks so comfortable on the ball and has already become a player who needs more game time.
Nice to see Vinny come on and look comfortable and commanding.
Looking forward to the Shaktar game and hopefully another great performance.
Wrong about the chances we created but didn't take, we were actually the most clinical we have been all season ( 18 shots, six goals).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.