Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Not sure this year, most players played all summer apart for a 3 week break.

KDB is the big worry for me, he does not look in a good place and it's becoming a recurring issue.
Yard off and lost second balls too often. Movement off the ball was poor and left ferny isolated.

I think Pep has some problems this season. The arrival of Grealish, great player that he is, has added another attacking midfielder to an already overloaded area of the squad and Rodri's injury has exposed the need for a quality DM. Sterling or Torres at CF are not convincing and take up a place in the starting line up that could be occupied by one of our quality midfielders, so it's only a matter of time before Pep returns to a false nine. Mahrez has been ousted from the starting line up to accomodate Jesus, and he was one of our top performers last season. Pep seems a bit grumpy, not sure why, but I'm guessing he's realised that his squad is lop sided and he's lacking depth in certain key areas. This wasn't addressed during the transfer window, so we may be in for a relatively unsuccessful season.

Fully, fully agree.

Spent big on an area that didnt need it and yet we have big problems without a striker, obviously, but also at DM.

The club caught sleeping again and wont be able to do anything until next Summer.

I genuinely think our players are fucking knackered.
All these internationals, no real summer break.
They looked very tired Saturday.

Play the kids in the Carabao Pep.
Or let's try and win something this season.
This "tired" excuse is er tiresome.
They're young athletes, it's the start of the season and if they really are tired, with all those spa like facilities, dieticians, physios etc etc, don't train them so much between games. Do tactical work and watch and do your homework on the opposition. Unless of course it's Sterling, in which case, buy him a Peter Barnes Football Trainer and tell him to work on the basics. Tiredness is the least of his problems.

Last edited:
What relevance does that have? In my 60 years of watching City we were shit for large parts of it. Currently we have excellent players throughout the squad and today we put out a team that on paper was more than good enough to see off Southampton. The fact is we were dreadful and at best deserved a draw.

I thought the crowd today took it on the chin. We were shit.
That’s my point we were shit and we always take it on the chin so yes it’s relevant

I genuinely think our players are fucking knackered.
All these internationals, no real summer break.
They looked very tired Saturday.

Play the kids in the Carabao Pep.
It’s only going to get worse. The most corrupt of corrupt World Cup awards coming up soon in Qatar which will be in December. That’ll fuck up two seasons. Then FIFA want a World Cup every two years. No doubt the best bids will come from China and India.

I agree, play the likes of Delap, Palmer, Lavia etc. If we go out we go out.

Yard off and lost second balls too often. Movement off the ball was poor and left ferny isolated.
Fern looks done to me, he has had a full summer off, full pre season and already looks old/tired.

What's he going to be like later in the winter months with a lot of minutes in those old legs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.