Southampton Post Match Thread

Thought Southampton were good value tonight and this was a replay of last season's city, not killing off teams. Thought Sterling had his worst game by far up to 94 minutes and 59 seconds. Still don't like Walker and his refusal to overlap, I can't understand that. DeBruyne misplaced more passes in this game than all season. That guy needs a rest.

They certainly weren’t one of the most negative sides I have seen. Wasting time from the 10th minute. How that keeper got away with what he did. So pleased that football won over that anti football crap. Amazing scenes after the goal. Well worth the 7 hour round trip just to see that winner and how
much that meant to the players.

Really solid performance again more than deserved the win despite leaving it late.

To keep them to 6 shots for the whole game was excellent.

Really impressed by our resilience now.

People under estimate how difficult Shane Long is to defend against, he is the fastest player in the prem and strong as fuck. Was relieved to see him go off, Ferdinand said he was the hardest player to defend against.
Sane is the fastest.

Only today I was saying Pep has worked great with Sterling getting him into positions he can score, he needs to be in the box has only ever scored 1 in his career from outside.

He’s made me look a bit of fool, but I don’t care!!

Long term injury to Sane I think we will be in trouble.

Also need more from LB when teams park the bus, sorry Delph

We weren’t very good tonight, but it must be incredibly dispiriting for our rivals seeing us keep grinding out wins tonight. The thread on Red Cafe is a joy to read.

Could be a clever move by Pep making a point of other sides creative players being asked to park the bus. The players cant be happy and maybe somewhere down the line a couple might decide to be a bit more adventurous :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.